BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.9

Software Developer/Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews begin with a general phone interview, then 2 onsite interviews: one is technical on verifying you really know what you put in my CV, followed by another one which you need to quickly setup their sdk and create a prototype UI using their tools. The last interview was by their senior management on the phone.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

It was an easy process with one phone interview and offer. The interview was straight with Manager and that included some behaviour questions and common hr questions and technical questions as well.

Interview Questions

• The interview was basic programming questions and some logical coding questions which you can understand and answer over phone   Answer Question

Software Test Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Focused on ascertaining if the candidate had knowledge of their responsibilities and knew how to fulfill them. Also focused on ascertaining competency in programming. They began with asking about automation testing and if I understood the process and that I knew about the software whose testing had to be automated. After that they asked me questions about different features of the Groovy scripting language.

Interview Questions

• If I knew about automation testing and the tools they used (I had worked previously at Blackberry).   1 Answer

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online and then got a phone interview within a couple of days. This was followed by an in person interview with a panel of four. All the interviewers were professional, respectful and kind. It was an overall very good experience. I was offered the job with very good conditions and benefits which I accepted.

Software Developer, Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Was done via skype directly by the hiring manager. Interview was divided into sections. I got a call almost right after the interview if I wanted to join which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Detail about linked lists
      insertion, deletion traversal problems
      a lot of mathematical analysis and debugging techniques. for example, how would you start debugging a web server?
      I was asked to sit with a calculator which I used a lot.
      coding problems were used to identify buggy code.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry in October 2016.

Interview

A few weeks after applying for the position they emailed me and told me they would like to schedule a phone interview with me within the week. The asked a handful of questions related to networking training/experience and asking me to confirm my familiarity with Linux. The entire call lasted less than 20 minutes, and I received notification of my offer of employment within the day.

Interview Questions

• Name two tools you consistently use within Linux   1 Answer

Safety Compliance Associate, Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

One of my friend refered this position to me. I applied and received a email regarding to the date and time of my phone interview. I received phone call at the time which we were scheduled. And the phone interview took almost one hour.

Interview Questions

• Very technical questions regarding to the product that I am going to test.   Answer Question

Security Networking Developer Coop Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Questions were pretty straight forward. Have a solid understanding of OS concepts and understand how to debug certain situations. Look into what happens when you malloc memory. Look into regular expressions. What's the pattern to read a mac address. They asked some questions about previous work experience and some of the courses being taken at school.

Interview Questions

• How do you fix a bus error.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Held over the phone. Asked questions about previous experience relating to the job and academic activities that may have related to job activities in some way. Very relaxed. Multiple people on the call, which made the interview very fast paced and information dense.

Reporting Automation Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

We had a really happy talk with job position and our common hobbies. I talked about my previous work experience with the manager. He walked me through the work details about this position. I really like the manager there, since he is a very honest man answer me several questions such like how they value my future work result there. Then we finished.