BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

2.9

359 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Test Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through Blackberry career portal and got a call for the Software Test Specialist position. There was one interview on the phone. The interview was a conference call with the manager. It was a 30-minute long interview and was primarily about testing , they also asked me about the projects I had done.

Interview Questions

• 1. What will be the test cases for a microwave?
      2. Some Linux commands.   Answer Question

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through online. Got a call within a week and a phone interview was step up for 30 minutes, which was pretty much easy. Then an hour face to face interview was scheduled which is pretty much similar to the questions asked in the phone interview. Should have cleared it. But got an rejection in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Basic iOS and Android questions related to life cycles of mobile environment, threads, services etc.   Answer Question

Interview

I interviewed on the phone with the manager and a developer. They asked questions about networks and python. They also asked about my CV, my background, my previous experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• write a function to convert a list of integer to a list of strings in python.   1 Answer

Global Sales Enablement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a forty minute interview, very casual. Questions around my work experience and ability to handle workdload, and communication skills.
    Got an offer in less than 12 hours. Accepted the offer. Background screening process is long, apply as early as possible for the posting

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation with a group of stakeholders?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2016.

Interview

Great experience, I applied online and in about a week BlackBerry contacted me to offer a phone interview. The process is really straightforward, your recruiter gives you a phone number to call into and at the time of the interview you're simply patched through to your interviewer.

The interview itself was fairly easy. Mostly behavioural questions with a few simple technical questions related to the position.

I received my offer of employment only a few hours after the interview, which they give you 2 business days to accept/decline.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between classes and id's in CSS.   Answer Question

Negotiation

BlackBerry seems to have a pretty structured way of determining internship salary. There didn't appear to be a lot I could negotiate.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied during University. The interview started with a brief overview of what the job entailed and then proceeded to ask about my previous experience using Java. I was asked in detail about my previous projects regarding Java as that was the language mainly used in the Job description.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of objects, describe the process to remove duplicates in the list and how you would test it?   Answer Question

Software Developer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Talk about something in interviewer's team, such as what they are doing and what I will be assigned if I got offer. And then interviewer asked some basic C language questions and my project experience.

Applications Development Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through school and through a website, and within a week I got a reply that I've been chosen to take part in a phone interview. When Phone interview happened, it was with two people, a Sr. Manager that asked all the general and behavioral questions and a Sr. Applications Developer that asked two technical questions. Overall experience was great, they had a great attitude and made me engage the interview more.

Interview Questions

• What language would you use to dynamically update content on a webpage?   1 Answer

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through school (Jobmine) and waited for a month. Then I had a 30-minute phone interview with one of the tech leader. Very few tech questions, basically they were asking about every detail about each of your project. Also one or two behaviour question.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced when working on projects?   Answer Question

Web Software Developer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Fairly relaxed, straightforward interview. Sat down with a manager and one of their current co-op students, and was asked to go through my resume and talk more about my skills and experience. There weren't any technical questions/problems just some questions gauging your knowledge of the web.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your prior experience with building web applications.   Answer Question