BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

From first touch point from the recruiter and final offer, this took 6 months. The interviews are standard and not difficult for someone who knows the business. Someone who spent many years in the software business should find the interview family easy

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was quite easy for me. I applied through Jobmine and was informed that I was selected for an interview about a month later. The interview itself was on the phone with the head of software development, who spoke to me for about 30 minutes. The interview was primarily focused on my projects and work history. Make sure you know your projects inside and out because they will ask you very detailed questions about the projects. THey will do the same with your work history, make sure you know exactly what you did. Other than that, very easy interview!

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

1 guy and 1 girl on the team I would be working with interviewed me. it was a very easy going interview. A mix of technical questions, and team questions to see how I would fit into the team. No actual coding questions were asked.
    I don't think the position I was applying for was particularly difficult, which is probably why the interview was relaxed.

Project Coordinator Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the company website and on the University's career page. I got an email for a phone interview and then got the offer. Surprisingly, the phone interview lasted 15 minutes and the interviewer asked very basic questions. "Tell me about yourself" and "Strengths and weaknesses"

Legal Assistant (Co-Op) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I went in to their head office and had a great experience. Everybody was friendly and extremely polite. The interview took place in a boardroom with about 7 other staff members that I would either be reporting to or working alongside with. Everybody in the room was free to ask any question that they felt was necessary to their department/responsibilities. It was a little bit intimidating at first but they made the experience a very comfortable one.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about my strengths/weaknesses and why they should hire me.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process took 1 week. It was on site 1:1 interview. Generally questions were very easy, I have been asked couple of questions about systems, databases and general questions about scripting languages.

Pricing Analyst Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone conference interview with VP level and manager level which lasted around 45 Min. Resume and cover letter screened after applying for the job. Both interviewers were high level and very nice, asked to stay in touch in case summer position was open. Interview was for winter co-op. Interviewer mentioned that my questions were good and said that BBY is going through a sort of start-up hectic phase with new business.

Interview Questions

• - One example where you implemented change in the organization   1 Answer

Software Test Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Phone interview about an hour in length - There was 3 - 4 interviewers. Some personality questions but mostly technical questions about SQL queries, TCP/IP layers, other questions about debugging

Associate, BlackBerry Customer Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Halifax, NS (Canada)).

Interview

Started with the telephonic interview, following which I was called for an in-person interview. there were three people who interviewed me, one of them being my team manager.

It was a straightforward interview and questions were thought of previously and all answers given were written down. I was asked about my experience, my education and behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• How will you help your grandparent buy something online?   Answer Question

Audio Electronics, Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through company careers' page, took a few weeks to get the response, scheduled a phone interview as I didn't live in Waterloo, ON. Got the offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Very technical, they don't bother about 'tell me about yourself' kind of questions. Directly jumped into the technical stuff related to my projects and technical knowledge from the electrical engineering background.   Answer Question