BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.9

349 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Interview was a 2 on 1 interview.Very team dependant. Interviewer will be your direct manager and interview totally depends on him. Straight forward interview with a few coding questions. Nothing too difficult. My interviewer was my direct supervisor and another person from the same team. Interviewers were casual and helpful. Over all a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Sort a string with integers and numbers leaving integers and numbers   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

I submitted my resume in an open house offered by BlackBerry in Waterloo. In around a week, I got a for for scheduling a 1:1 interview with a manager from BlackBerry. After that, I had a face-to-face interview with my manager in one of the BlackBerry buldings. It was really friendly and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Sorting algorithm, database query, linux commands, programming language concepts, basic communication paradigm such as TCP, UDP, reliability.   Answer Question

Hardware Design Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

- Applied online
    - Identified as candidate within 3 weeks
    - In person interview scheduled with flexibility of phone or in person
    - Meeting in person entailed going to the main office for a meeting near a guest area, comfortable environment
    - Met with members of a few different teams.
    -Technical interview questions
    - Personality based questions
    - Received offer notification within 2 more days

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to design a toaster could you walk me through the steps you would take?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated what division of the hardware team to work in.

Infrastructure Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewer first asked me some things about my background including my projects and internships. After that she asked me many questions about different areas according to the job requirements. The interviewer will keep asking you questions until you can't answer it. So it is a bit harsh.

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Took about a total of 3 weeks from the date of application to the answer (rejection). First up was the phone interview with the department for about 30mins. Then got invited in a couple of week for the on-campus interview at Waterloo HQ a panel interview with the rest of the team

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview was easy, interviewer talked mostly about the work the department does and what role the student for this position will be playing. Asked me about the work experience i have.

2nd Round of interview was tough. Questions asked included
      1) tell me about yourself
      2) what experience you have in terms of security
      3) what have you done on your own in regards with furthering your knowledge/experience in security
      4) what is your biggest success in the past 10 years
      5) what is your biggest regret in the past 10 years
      6) where do you see yourself in the next 10 years
      7) how do you handle pressure or multi-task successfully   1 Answer

SAP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Cambridge, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very detail about yourself and experience also lot of personal questions and difficult situations. I had to explain detail description of the job i do and give examples of accomplishments. I also had to explain in detail what i do for each function and how I would basically do each steps.

Interview Questions

• 1) What are you ob functions
      2) what do you know about the company
      3) Your strengths
      3) You weakness
      4) What are your benefits that you bring with you that can help the company.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Uncomfortable but comfortable. Interviewers expected a lot from me. They asked about projects on my resume. Seemed to have thoroughly researched me. I was not well prepared for it. There were things on the requirements. Once they hit something I couldn't answer they moved on very quickly as if to try and end the interview sooner. it was a grilling experience

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

had a phone interview with the recruiter, then had a in person interview. The general setup was ok, learned about the company and i talked about my experiences. It was not submitting that i wanted to do after learning more about the company, so i didn't proceed further.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Held over the phone. Asked questions about previous experience relating to the job and academic activities that may have related to job activities in some way. Very relaxed. Multiple people on the call, which made the interview very fast paced and information dense.

Finance Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I apply through university website and then have on-site interview in toronto, and have two round interview in total. the interview is not difficult and hiring manager is really nice. After almost two weeks, they call me and offer me an offer.