BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.9

355 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

had a phone interview with the recruiter, then had a in person interview. The general setup was ok, learned about the company and i talked about my experiences. It was not submitting that i wanted to do after learning more about the company, so i didn't proceed further.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Held over the phone. Asked questions about previous experience relating to the job and academic activities that may have related to job activities in some way. Very relaxed. Multiple people on the call, which made the interview very fast paced and information dense.

Finance Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I apply through university website and then have on-site interview in toronto, and have two round interview in total. the interview is not difficult and hiring manager is really nice. After almost two weeks, they call me and offer me an offer.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

interviewed with 7 people, typical behavioral questions and minimal technical questions. they come in groups of 3 and finally the director or VP will do the final interview. Very strict on reference check

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

From first touch point from the recruiter and final offer, this took 6 months. The interviews are standard and not difficult for someone who knows the business. Someone who spent many years in the software business should find the interview family easy

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was quite easy for me. I applied through Jobmine and was informed that I was selected for an interview about a month later. The interview itself was on the phone with the head of software development, who spoke to me for about 30 minutes. The interview was primarily focused on my projects and work history. Make sure you know your projects inside and out because they will ask you very detailed questions about the projects. THey will do the same with your work history, make sure you know exactly what you did. Other than that, very easy interview!

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

1 guy and 1 girl on the team I would be working with interviewed me. it was a very easy going interview. A mix of technical questions, and team questions to see how I would fit into the team. No actual coding questions were asked.
    I don't think the position I was applying for was particularly difficult, which is probably why the interview was relaxed.

Project Coordinator Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the company website and on the University's career page. I got an email for a phone interview and then got the offer. Surprisingly, the phone interview lasted 15 minutes and the interviewer asked very basic questions. "Tell me about yourself" and "Strengths and weaknesses"

Legal Assistant (Co-Op) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I went in to their head office and had a great experience. Everybody was friendly and extremely polite. The interview took place in a boardroom with about 7 other staff members that I would either be reporting to or working alongside with. Everybody in the room was free to ask any question that they felt was necessary to their department/responsibilities. It was a little bit intimidating at first but they made the experience a very comfortable one.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about my strengths/weaknesses and why they should hire me.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process took 1 week. It was on site 1:1 interview. Generally questions were very easy, I have been asked couple of questions about systems, databases and general questions about scripting languages.