BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.9

Software Test Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Phone interview about an hour in length - There was 3 - 4 interviewers. Some personality questions but mostly technical questions about SQL queries, TCP/IP layers, other questions about debugging

Associate, BlackBerry Customer Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Halifax, NS (Canada)).

Interview

Started with the telephonic interview, following which I was called for an in-person interview. there were three people who interviewed me, one of them being my team manager.

It was a straightforward interview and questions were thought of previously and all answers given were written down. I was asked about my experience, my education and behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• How will you help your grandparent buy something online?   Answer Question

Audio Electronics, Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through company careers' page, took a few weeks to get the response, scheduled a phone interview as I didn't live in Waterloo, ON. Got the offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Very technical, they don't bother about 'tell me about yourself' kind of questions. Directly jumped into the technical stuff related to my projects and technical knowledge from the electrical engineering background.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through college and it took 2 weeks for the offer. it was a skype interview. it went for over 20-25 mins and the interviewer was good and friendly.

Interview Questions

• there were basic questions on linux and type of testing - black box testing , white box testing and regression testing. and what some questions on memory in java and also they were eager to know that i knew selenium or not . it is the software on which they operate.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 people from the team. The interview process was approximately 45 minutes long and it consisted mix of interpersonal and technical questions. Overall experience was positive and very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe MVC model; Describe right join (SQL); Describe your advantages and disadvantages;   Answer Question

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very thorough and interesting process. Phones interviews with recruiter, hiring manager, senior director and 2 other TPMs. After all those phone interviews, I was flown up to Waterloo, ON for all day meetings. Some were one-on-one interviews, a couple of group interviews, and then dinner. There was a mixture of experiences, technical, strategic, and visionary types of questions/conversations. At the end of it all, I felt I really uncovered whether BlackBerry was as much a good fit for me; as I was for them.

Interview Questions

• What do you think have been the most innovative contributions to telecommunications specifically with unified communications?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

One phone call. Talked to HR first. Then Talked to a software developer. Basic HR questions. Why did you take Computer Engineering, Why BlackBerry. Then talked to the Dev for technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the major differences between java and C. Java Try Catch problems. Can you have more than one try? Sorting a binary tree.   1 Answer

QA Test Interview

Interview

Standard interview, behavioral and technical, nothing special, described positions stated in resume gave example of situations, was pretty long ago, do not really remember most of it. It was a good experience, interviewer very knowledgeable

Software Tools Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied to this position through my school and since I live in BC it was a phone interview. There were two interviewers who ask me general interview questions and then proceeded to ask me more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about your past projects?
      Technical java questions such as:exceptions, collections
      When you come to a problem in your program, how do you solve it?
      Answer Question

Student Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Got interviewed by blueberry hr and got a call 1 weeks after handing in my resume. Call went well asked a few behavioural questions. It last 20 minutes.

1.blablabla... something about this position and your duties
    2.He let me introduce myself
    3.Ask me about previous project and work experience
    4.details about your project,such as which technology you used in your Java project.
    5.Say ByeBye

Interview Questions

• 1 the difference between router and switch
      2.out join and inner join