BlackBerry Software Developer Co-op Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Software Developer Co-op Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Andover, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

The recruiter took my resume at career fair. They emailed me to shcedule a phone interview. Following week of phone interview, I was invited to company for face to face interview. I took 2 hours in total with 4 different softeare engineers and a hiring manager. The questions was easy in general but I gave wrong anwers because I was nervous. They were looking for c++ developer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Cary, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

After applying for the position, they reached out to set up an on site interview. The interview consisted of my future team leader and one other team member. The interview consisted of basic questions like time management, working in a team environment, and other common questions. They also ask about your school projects and your role for those projects. Overall, the process was pleasant, and the turnaround time was quick for me as well. It only took them a weekend to make the offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the role you played in this particular project   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews.

Projects I have done
    Level of expertise in Java
    OOP Concepts
    How would you rate urself in java
    Why should we hire you

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in November 2010.

Interview

This was for a product software development co-op position.
    The hiring manager sent out an email and contacted via phone to schedule an interview.
    The interviewer called right on time and asked JAVA questions.
    Basics of JAVA as well as implementation based questions asked.
    Got a call from the recruiter after 4 hours and they extended the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through school (Jobmine) and waited for a month. Then I had a 30-minute phone interview with one of the tech leader. Very few tech questions, basically they were asking about every detail about each of your project. Also one or two behaviour question.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced when working on projects?   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Round 1: HR person contacts you for ask for a suitable time for tech interview
    Round 2: Interview is computer/phone regarding the past projects and analytical question
    After this you are contacted by the HR person if you got selected

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe past projects
      2. What was your role specifically
      3. What do you know about BlackBerry
      4. Analytical Questions like these
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

One Interview that was organized through my school's job board system. I was contacted by email for the interview. I showed up an the interview was only 15 mins long.

Interview Questions

• Questions Regarding Java's garbage collector and how it behaves.   1 Answer

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Interview was a 2 on 1 interview.Very team dependant. Interviewer will be your direct manager and interview totally depends on him. Straight forward interview with a few coding questions. Nothing too difficult. My interviewer was my direct supervisor and another person from the same team. Interviewers were casual and helpful. Over all a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Sort a string with integers and numbers leaving integers and numbers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was quite easy for me. I applied through Jobmine and was informed that I was selected for an interview about a month later. The interview itself was on the phone with the head of software development, who spoke to me for about 30 minutes. The interview was primarily focused on my projects and work history. Make sure you know your projects inside and out because they will ask you very detailed questions about the projects. THey will do the same with your work history, make sure you know exactly what you did. Other than that, very easy interview!

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

1 guy and 1 girl on the team I would be working with interviewed me. it was a very easy going interview. A mix of technical questions, and team questions to see how I would fit into the team. No actual coding questions were asked.
    I don't think the position I was applying for was particularly difficult, which is probably why the interview was relaxed.