BlackBerry Software Developer Co-op Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Software Developer Co-op Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Andover, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

The recruiter took my resume at career fair. They emailed me to shcedule a phone interview. Following week of phone interview, I was invited to company for face to face interview. I took 2 hours in total with 4 different softeare engineers and a hiring manager. The questions was easy in general but I gave wrong anwers because I was nervous. They were looking for c++ developer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

1 guy and 1 girl on the team I would be working with interviewed me. it was a very easy going interview. A mix of technical questions, and team questions to see how I would fit into the team. No actual coding questions were asked.
    I don't think the position I was applying for was particularly difficult, which is probably why the interview was relaxed.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Two interviewers which were very nice and laid back. Asked basic questions about projects, skills, etc. Followed by technical questions from topics directly from the job posting. Know your resume and brush upon Java, C++, Databases and OS.

Software Developer, Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

I have been contacted first by a recruiter who told me that I had passed the pre-selection process (probably where they discard a lot of applications) and that my résumé would now be made available to the Hiring Manager for review.

Later, I received an invitation for an interview with who I assume was the team leader, which took place a couple of days after that and lasted for about 45 minutes. There were a lot of technical questions, but I had the chance to talk about my personal projects and the programming competitions I attended.

Then I received an answer quickly. I was not selected, but it all went fast from there.

Interview Questions

• They seem to be working exclusively with C++, so make sure you have an in-depth knowledge of the language. There were mostly "Do you know what is..." and "How would you implement..." on subjects such as communicating between processes, intelligent pointers, multithreading and very specific rules of the language. Needless to say, they want their interns to know their tools.   1 Answer

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2009.

Interview

Had Two rounds of interview till now. First one is HR and it is more of knowing more details about me viz when Im graduating, my programming language experiences. Second one is technical interview in this round they asked about projects in my resume and few simple Java questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java concepts like Threads, Interface, Class, Abstract   1 Answer

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2009.

Interview

I applied through RIM's website and was contacted by HR via email about scheduling a phone interview. The actual interview was conducted by the hiring manager and his entire team, which consisted about 6 people. They all took turn asking technical questions in succession. Almost all questions were about Java. The entire phone interview lasted about 1 to 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between final, finally and finalize?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between StringBuffer and String?   1 Answer