BlackBerry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview, followed by on-site. Met a total of 5 people.

Interview Questions

• Do you think RIM can regain the lost market shares from Apple?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Did 2 Interviews First was over the phone, normal questions about my experience, second interview was Face-to-Face in Mississauga, alot of OOP questions and finally a paper with OOP Questions.. Didnt get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Normal Questions: How to detect Memory Leak... What is Volatile key word .. etc   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Interviewing for internship at RIM is a simple process. The first step is to apply online and then the Recruiter contacts you to setup an interview with the Manager/Team Lead. Then it is totally upto the interviewer to go into technical details or interview based on the resume.
    For internship only one round of telephonic interview occurs and the result is communicated in a week's time.

Interview Questions

• An application oriented question to determine how will a GMAIL system will be tested.   1 Answer

Negotiation

For interns there is no negotiation

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Rolling Meadows, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about general knowledge of smartphone design, circuit equations, and qualifications on resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiations

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I am developer of the subsidiary company. Interview process is not so difficult.Mostly experience related and a basic coding question.

Interview Questions

• Not much. Just the experience related questions and white board coding question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Milford, CT).

Interview

I met them at my college career fair. They were recruiting people for their Milford, Connecticut branch. They had a 45 min phone interview where they asked me to type a program in google documents, a basic number to string conversion for the headers in column for microsoft excel, eg A - 1 .. Z - 26, AA - 27 etc.. I did that and they called for an onsite interview. I surprisingly had 3 one to one HR rounds and only 1 technical round (2 interviewers). In the technical round they asked me to code, if given a dictionary as a huge stream (words separated with commas) and a word to search, how would I find it in the stream. According to me all the rounds went fine, so I am guessing my rejection was only based on the fact that I didnt have much mobile programming experience.

Interview Questions

• One question in the phone interview and one in the onsite technical round, but both were easy...   Answer Question

Co-op Student - Applications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Applied online and got phone interview after two weeks

Interview Questions

Interview

I received a phone interview invitation 2 weeks after I submitted my resume. The whole interview was informal. I was asked some behavioral questions and some RF engineering concept of which you learn from your program. At the end of the interview the interviewer said I passed then a week later I received the job offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR for a phone interview. The first round was very straightforward, and I was contacted for a second interview with the hiring manager two weeks later. Two weeks after that, I was told I was going to receive an offer, but didn't receive the offer until several more weeks after that. The whole process was about two months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the offer.

Senior BA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Initial phone call, , on call interview with hiring manager, In person interview with the hiring manager

Negotiation

Not much scope