BlackBerry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.9

Security Networking Developer Coop Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Questions were pretty straight forward. Have a solid understanding of OS concepts and understand how to debug certain situations. Look into what happens when you malloc memory. Look into regular expressions. What's the pattern to read a mac address. They asked some questions about previous work experience and some of the courses being taken at school.

Interview Questions

• How do you fix a bus error.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Held over the phone. Asked questions about previous experience relating to the job and academic activities that may have related to job activities in some way. Very relaxed. Multiple people on the call, which made the interview very fast paced and information dense.

Reporting Automation Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

We had a really happy talk with job position and our common hobbies. I talked about my previous work experience with the manager. He walked me through the work details about this position. I really like the manager there, since he is a very honest man answer me several questions such like how they value my future work result there. Then we finished.

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a full-day (9:30am - 6pm) on site behavioral interview with 40 other interviewees. To be honest, I found this format entirely ineffective unless all they are looking for is the most outgoing candidate (which is important for sales, but just because you're outgoing doesn't mean you will be good at sales, and doesn't mean you have the skills to advance in the company). But most importantly, Blackberry's sales leaders did hardly ANY selling of why we should want to work for them. I spent a total of 10 minutes talking to actual decision-makers. In the end, I found myself in the group not offered a position alongside some other candidates I was convinced would get an offer. Whole day was a pretty big waste and proved I would not be happy with a position at Blackberry anyway.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to shift from your current role into sales?   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Unconventional Interviewing format in which a bunch of people just interviewed on the same day. I found it to be ineffective, and frankly took too much time. Overall unless you really want a job with Blackberry, not worth the 12 hour commitment.

Software Test Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through Blackberry career portal and got a call for the Software Test Specialist position. There was one interview on the phone. The interview was a conference call with the manager. It was a 30-minute long interview and was primarily about testing , they also asked me about the projects I had done.

Interview Questions

• 1. What will be the test cases for a microwave?
      2. Some Linux commands.

Applications Software Developor - Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was over interviewed by 2 employees. They Went over my resume, asked about previous experience and asked a few technical questions. Then asked me i have any questions.There was one programming question at the end before the Manager came in and asked a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• -Difference between process and thread
      -Difference between python and c++
      -Difference between private and protected

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and fast. I applied through coop office at my university. An interview was scheduled on Friday morning and I was offered the job on the same evening. The hiring manager was very easy on the interview questions and fully understood that I was a second year undergraduate only. It was not very very technical. He asked about the skill set I can bring to the team.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

One Interview that was organized through my school's job board system. I was contacted by email for the interview. I showed up an the interview was only 15 mins long.

Interview Questions

• Questions Regarding Java's garbage collector and how it behaves.   1 Answer

Enterprise Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

I answered "Declined," as the offer would've come if I'd been willing to "play ball." See below.

Began process with unsolicited outreach from 3rd party recruiter. Followed by a call with the hiring manager, then lunch with same, an hour long call with his boss, another hour-long call with his boss' boss, as well as a call with the sales engineer (a team compatibility check). I had to fill out a fairly draconian application with 15 years of job history, complete with manager names and compensation. They called 3 past managers for references, and then they asked for W-2's and/or paystubs. When I refused, the process ended. The fact is no employer ever needs your W-2's. They want it for comp negotiation, and any other reason is ethically bankrupt deception. An offer was right behind W-2's and a background check, but personal privacy wasn't something I was willing to sacrifice.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a complex deal you won and how you won it.
      What did you learn from a specific loss?