BlackBerry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.9

Software Test Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Mostly Linux, Unix, Software Testing basics, Java Basics, behavioral questions, mobile testing experience, SDLC, Testing Tools and Automation experience, blackberry testing experience, willing to travel, future plans and where do you see yourself in 5 years

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your mobile testing experience?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

It was good. The people were great. Friendly, joined as intern and then full time, memorable experience. Easy smooth flow for interview structure. Learnt a lot, well organized, Past experience was asked

Sales Interview

Interview

complete joke. had no official interview. spent the majority of the time sitting around in a room with a bunch of people. had to give a 3 minute presentation that meant nothing. we decided who got hired.

DART Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Met with two people that asked technical questions about general technical knowledge. They asked standard management questions about how you would handle difficult situation. Tell us about your strengths and weaknesses.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Just 30 mins interview with the Architect and Manager of the team. Difference between C++ and Java. Projects I have worked on and other behavioural questions like
    1. Conflicts in your team How do you resolve
    2.Why this position
    3. why Blackberry
    4.Why Software

Field Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2015.

Interview

Had one phone interview with the two senior managers. based mostly on projects and courses i had taken. Was given test scenarios like what will you do if your phone is not working? What all steps and issues could you think of?
    Interview lasted for an hour and the manager was pretty good. Kinda made the whole process stress free.

Interview Questions

• Was given test scenarios like what will you do if your phone is not working? What all steps and issues could you think of?   Answer Question

Firmware Development Student Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Gainesville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a single Telephonic Interview with my Manager and Sr. Manager. I got selected on the basis on my Telephonic Interview and I came to know that after 1-2 weeks, then my background check started and this process took a long time(3-4 weeks). Finally I got my offer letter after 5-6 weeks from the date of Interview.

The interview was not that difficult. If you know what's on your resume and you can justify it during your Interview then you are in. :)

Interview Questions

• 1. C/C++ experience and some basic conceptual questions on them.
      2. Master's Degree Project
      3. Bachelor's Degree Project
      4. Previous Intern Experience
      5. Difference between C/C++/Java
      Answer Question

Negotiation

It was internship, so there was nothing much to negotiate. I was happy with the base pay provided by the company which was more than I expected initially.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

HR called me earlier in the week and set up an interview with me with two people. Interview was over the phone. After i passed this stage i had an in person interview with another employee.

Interview Questions

• If my device stops working, how would you deduce the problem and find a solution.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I received a call from Blackberry and set up a phone interview for the next day. I was interviewed by a group of 5 people. It went well, no generic questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2015.

Interview

Initially received an email from the HR to confirm certain details regarding the position and the interview . Then, had a technical phone interview with the team manager. Questions were mainly based on resume, projects worked on( wireless technologies), previous work experience if any.Some basic mobile testing related questions were also asked. I came to know the results in a week and this was followed by background verification after which I received my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging task you completed during your previous job?   1 Answer