BlackBerry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.9

RF Test Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Applied online through the careers website. Got a call after 3+ weeks.

Core Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied via my university career fair. A week later I was selected for a phone screen. That was followed by 6 onsite technical interviews. The process was smooth and got the offer a day later.

Interview Questions

• The questions were straightforward. Find anagrams, design question, a general riddle. They provided me with hints whenever I was stuck.   Answer Question

Software Test Automation Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process was really great. To the point questions and discussion regarding previous experience. Lots of detailed questions regarding test censorious, programming languages. Networking related questions and experience with coding on handheld devices. Really awesome manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

I was an intern for two semesters before I applied back for the same team after graduation, so my experience may be shorter than others.

My interview for the intern position was a phone screen that lasted a little longer than an hour with 4 developers and 2 managers. The managers explained the projects that the respective teams owned while the developers asked questions. The questions mostly consisted of object oriented design principles of Java and regular expressions.

I applied through the public employment portal. The process took close to a month from scheduling an interview, through the background check, until I had an offer. The interview consisted of 6 rounds, 4 of them being technical questions or riddles and the other two regarding my experience outside of BlackBerry.

Interview Questions

• For my internship the most expected question was whether or not interfaces are supported in C++. I answered, no that's a Java only construct. The interviewer then asked if I was familiar with the virtual keyword in cpp, at which point I realized that you could create an equivalent of a Java interface in cpp by creating an abstract class with only pure virtual member functions. A great question.

For my full time interview, there a few trickster questions regarding memory management in C/C++ (e.g. when and where will this program crash, where is the memory leak, etc.) as well as a few general binary search tree and linked list questions. Expect a few questions regarding running time and concurrency, but nothing too grueling.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was simple enough, but seemed to draw out for too long. They offered me more than my ballpark figure was with good benefits. The longest and most grueling part was the background check.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Very easy, discussed project from previous internship

Negotiation

No negotiation

Manager of Innovation Interview

Interview

Typical with background check. Must have a lot of info to verify your who you claim to be.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX).

Interview

Applied via Indeed.com for the Product Delivery Team . Got a call to schedule first round phone interview. The first round interview was taken by one of the team members and was technical but nothing too difficult. Like basic questions on OOPS and other test cases such as functionality of a calculator. Then a second round phone interview was scheduled which I expected to be more technical but that was actually by the team lead and she only asked HR type questions.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I knew someone at the company but I still started with the internal recruiter screening to start, then I had a phone interview with hiring manager this led to an in person interview with hiring manager and finally an in person interview with head of sales. The process could have been faster but all in all I felt it was a fair interview process, not too stressful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a lot of negotiation. It was a fair offer based on my last job and my experience.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

HR guy got in touch after viewing profile in linkedIn.

Radio Software Integration - Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

I was emailed about the interview with the scheduled date and time. The phone interview lasted one hour. I was asked questions from everything on my resume. The questions were technical as well as behavorial. Two days later the HR called to inform me I got the internship.

Interview Questions

• Explain what happens from the time the WiFi adapter is switched on to the moment connection is established. Although I know the answer now, I was not thorough at the time I took the interview.   Answer Question