BlackBerry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.9

594 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

Find the job through school co-op website. apply for it. wait the response for like 3 months. interview though phone. the interview took me about 30 minutes. no warm-up questions. the interview started with a "tell me about yourself" questions. The interviewee sounded so bored with my answers. He asked many repeated questions about my past work experience.

Interview Questions

• what is the most stressful thing in your past work experience?   Answer Question

Firmware Development Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Gainesville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

I do not remember applying to the interview but received a call. Very simple interview and was given the offer on the same day. The interviewer mentioned the topics I will be interviewed on and I prepared for those. Reading the first few search results on google about the topics should suffice.

Interview Questions

• Basics of C, debugging techniques and basics of testing   Answer Question

Enterprise Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Had initial contact on the phone. Two quick interviews with HR. Then an onsite interview at the Sunrise office with three interviewer at the same time. One in Spanish and two in English.

Interview Questions

• Situation questions, about how to react with angry customer, how to help co-worker that are stuck with a customer.   Answer Question

Software Developer, Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Initial communications began at the university careers fair, followed up with a phone call from Blackberry in Bellevue, WA. Interview was scheduled in the following week, for a summer internship position that would begin a few months after the screening process. There were also the usual series of background checks, but those were carried out after the interview process ended.

Interview Questions

• Immediately write code with a sharpie without any points for reference, timed under 5 minutes. There was a simple scenario given, but it did not matter that much in reality.   Answer Question

Interview

6 Interviews. Questions about my prior projects. Technical questions included questions on locks, deadlocks, threads, string manipulations

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Mechanical Designer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

Talked with recruiter at campus who said BlackBerry wasn't accepting resumes but told me to apply online. After I applied I emailed her later and she responded that the interview process would begin soon. Got contacted for a phone interview with the manager. Interview began with explaining points on my resume while the manager looked for a point to segue into the technical interview. Questions were very technical, asking about different aspects of Mechanics of Materials (beam bending) and a general physics question about buoyancy. Manager was more interested in how I came about finding the answer rather than whether I was right or not. I was contacted a couple weeks later over phone offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• When you fix a beam to a wall and add a shear force at the end of the beam, where does the beam fail first?   Answer Question
    • Which type of beam would be stronger against a shear force at its end: a hollow circular tube or a solid cylindrical bar both with the same cross-sectional area?   Answer Question
    • If you have a boat in water and you want to sink the boat, how would you go about doing it? How does the boat stay above water normally?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay was very good compared with other companies.

RF Test Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Applied online through the careers website. Got a call after 3+ weeks.

Core Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied via my university career fair. A week later I was selected for a phone screen. That was followed by 6 onsite technical interviews. The process was smooth and got the offer a day later.

Interview Questions

• The questions were straightforward. Find anagrams, design question, a general riddle. They provided me with hints whenever I was stuck.   Answer Question

Software Test Automation Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process was really great. To the point questions and discussion regarding previous experience. Lots of detailed questions regarding test censorious, programming languages. Networking related questions and experience with coding on handheld devices. Really awesome manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

I was an intern for two semesters before I applied back for the same team after graduation, so my experience may be shorter than others.

My interview for the intern position was a phone screen that lasted a little longer than an hour with 4 developers and 2 managers. The managers explained the projects that the respective teams owned while the developers asked questions. The questions mostly consisted of object oriented design principles of Java and regular expressions.

I applied through the public employment portal. The process took close to a month from scheduling an interview, through the background check, until I had an offer. The interview consisted of 6 rounds, 4 of them being technical questions or riddles and the other two regarding my experience outside of BlackBerry.

Interview Questions

• For my internship the most expected question was whether or not interfaces are supported in C++. I answered, no that's a Java only construct. The interviewer then asked if I was familiar with the virtual keyword in cpp, at which point I realized that you could create an equivalent of a Java interface in cpp by creating an abstract class with only pure virtual member functions. A great question.

For my full time interview, there a few trickster questions regarding memory management in C/C++ (e.g. when and where will this program crash, where is the memory leak, etc.) as well as a few general binary search tree and linked list questions. Expect a few questions regarding running time and concurrency, but nothing too grueling.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was simple enough, but seemed to draw out for too long. They offered me more than my ballpark figure was with good benefits. The longest and most grueling part was the background check.