BlackBerry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

185 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

I received an interview requesting a date, and time that I can speak to a recruiter in regards to the Partners Blackberry tech support position. I responded with 3 dates and 3 time slots that I would be available. I received a reply saying he did not have any available time slots available. I email him again with another time slot and it was confirmed. I began to have mixed thoughts about the way the online communications had gone so I missed his call on purpose! He emailed me again with wanting to reconfirm for another time. I confirmed. He called 15 mins past the normal open window but still took the call. Was a great connection with the recruiter and me with general questions and answers given and about the position and what it details. The phone screen ended positive with I will be getting an email from scheduling about confirming a group/panel face to face no later then Monday as my phone screen was on a Friday afternoon. Monday rolls, Tuesday rolls, and Wednesday rolls, and I finally emailed the recruiter and some how an email confirming a time was sent like after I sent a follow-up email. The face to face was the following Tuesday. with four other individuals. The main manager asked a series of questions then turned the floor over to a non-manager employee (regular support agent) the others sat, listen, and did some writing. Was so over this whole process. Did not feel any connection with any of the panel members. With only a few questions in, I began to drift from what was asked of me, and began to find a way of ending the interview as I just lost complete interest as there was no connection (in my eyes).I believe the feeling was mutual as no response from them but that's expected as it took someone I know that works there 3 months for a offer. I wasn't that needy. I just began to realize blackberry is on there way out as window's and Apple are way too advance/ahead of them.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps on logging into Windows Exchange Server ad system Admin.   1 Answer
    • What is Active Directory   1 Answer

Talent Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Submitted my application online. Then found the hiring manager through LinkedIn and contacted her directly. She then forwarded me to the lead recruiter who I contacted. She set me up for a phone screening interview, which went well. She was very nice, responsive and made the call very easy. Asked for my salary expectations, some typical questions, review of resume history, clarification on past roles, etc. Got a personal email from recruiter about a week later in which I was declined due to level of experience didn't quite line up. Would have liked to have gotten the job. Overall, a very good experience and no red flags.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time that you didn't get the results you worked for in a previous role, and how did you respond.   Answer Question

Baseband Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Rolling Meadows, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

I talked 1:1 interview in conference room for 5 hours. It was very practical questions relating baseband and smartphones and many questions came from my resume.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Rolling Meadows, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone interview invitation. The interview was a basic review of my background and qualifications. The recruiter was exceptionally professional and communicative.Was told by the end of the call that an in-person interview would be scheduled. Coordination was difficult and the first interview was rescheduled. I Interviewed with a manager 1:1 and also a panel interview with two peers at other locations. Questions were skill based and straight-forward. Time was an issue and the interview felt rushed. 90 minutes was insufficient to cover all aspects of the job. I did not receive an offer but strongly feel that the recruiter was the best I have dealt with in my search. The company has alot going on with rapid growth but they seem to maintain a small company feel. Overall, a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you did not do a good job with a customer/client.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

There was a panel of 3 interviewers. They asked about my projects related to operating system, kernel development. They wanted to know details of the projects. So anyone interviewing must go through all the projects on their resume. They just ask all details about them, how, why, any way you could have made it better.

Interview Questions

• Details of the projects, whether done in c, c++ or any other language.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

The inicial communication was very good. First I received an email with the job posting. 2nd, Isent my resume withncover letter.
    After one day the company answred my email asking for a phone interview. The company did schedule an specific time which one of the recruter would contact by phone.
    The next day, the recruter contacted exactly at the right time. The phone interview was good, the recruter was very friendly.
    After that, sent me an email with an appointment for a face-to-face interview.

Software Test Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in November 2009.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter asking if I was still interested in interviewing for RIM, of course I said yes. She then went ahead and asked me some basic HR questions to make sure I was "qualified" for the position. An onsite interview was scheduled for a week later.

Before the onsite interview I was pretty nervous but once I got into the conference room and met my interviewers my nerves calmed a little. There were initially 2 interviewers, but another one joined us later. Surprisingly there were no technical questions (I guess since they mainly did manual testing) so all they asked me about was my previous experiences/project (such as with my current employer). Even with such a, relatively, easy interview they offered the position to someone else.

Interview Questions

• Mainly just "describe what you do at your current position", "rate your coding skills in _____ language from 1-10", etc   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in November 2009.

Interview

I was screened on campus with a preliminary 30 minute interview. Days later I was asked to an on site interview at the Sunrise location. The company only pays for gas spent and NOT mileage driven which I found disappointing. However they did offer to provide a shuttle, rental car, or possible airplane ticket depending on your location.

They provided a room at a nearby hotel the night prior to the interview.

The on site interview was all together 4 hours with 6 different interviewers at approx 30 minutes each. This was a pretty technical interview ranging from basic circuit knowledge to FFT graphs. After the interview they took me to lunch and we parted ways.

Interview Questions

• Construct an XOR gate using NAND gates   1 Answer
    • What happens to capacitors at DC conditions?   1 Answer
    • Draw the FFT of a sawtooth wave.   1 Answer
    • How to find the current in a resistor?   1 Answer
    • If you're a recent grad expect A LOT of questions on your senior design project   1 Answer

Baseband Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Rolling Meadows, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

The initial phone interview basically had me explaining my resume and experience in detail. This lasted 1hour. The interviewer was very friendly.
    Next phase was a 4 hr on site interview. I was interview by 5 managers out of which one was the managing director. Others were hardware managers in different specialties. I had 4 tests from the 4 technical guys and i was to solve them in front of them. They basically wanted to know my thought process. The guys were friendly and not too pressurizing.
    I felt the position demanded a lot of expertise. It was a very good experience. I got a call within a week that i did not get through.

Interview Questions

• Reliability and QA related questions during my work   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

Standard HR questions on "core competencies" - how would others describe you, are you available to relocate, the dreaded salary requirements, question - she pushed me to give a number (she was typing my answers into her PC, so it was clearly a screening interview. Some review of my resume material, clarifying dates and times etc. Nothing close to a technical question. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary for this position   3 Answers
    • How would others describe you?   1 Answer