BlackBerry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.9

Software Test Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with manager and team lead and the director in the phone. Questions about testing and analysis. About previous projects and software life cycle. Really cool laid back people. The interview lasted 40 mins or so which also included their roles description. As I left another person was coming in to interview.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

get a phone interview first, then just discuss about your background, some stuffs in your resume, then schedule a technical interview one week later.

Interview Questions

• Are you farmiliar with the IOS, Blackberry OS, or Window OS?   Answer Question

Radio Software Integration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

you need to apply for the position in the company website.
    Later i got a mail from the recruiter that i need to give a phone interview.
    The phone interview went for about an hour which is done by two individuals.
    1st person asked me more about the projects i mentioned in my resume and technical questions regarding in the field of RF.
    2nd person is completely technical round.

Negotiation

as it iwas an intern position so i was not able to negostiate

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Job fair interview.
    Basic questions on C, C++ and JAVA like size of integer, sizeof() related questions.

Interview Questions

• Main question was how to reverse the words in a sentence
      eg: "This is a test sentence." output should be "sentence test a is This."
      1 Answer

Mechanical Designer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

The interview was based only in two questions, and the last question was to give an answer in a concept of mechanical engineering. I guess was not bad for an interview with them. Unfortunately, no answer since then (at least from the company if I was accepted or not), however, the HR said that they choose a candidate and those ones rejected received an email notifying. Email which I never received and thank I wonder to ask, if not I'll be still waiting for a response

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

You ll have 1 Hr round and a onsite interview

Embedded Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Got a phone call from the HR manager & he asked about few stuffs in the resume. He scheduled a technical round on the immediate next day. A senior level engineer called me & asked questions regarding auto-interrupts, external interrupts, SPI, UART & DAC. He also asked some questions in C about linked list & structures. Asked few questions from RTOS, difference between semaphore & mutex, scheduler & stack, frame pointers.

Interview Questions

• Design a function that takes a structure and inserts it into a sorted linked list of structures   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Sent resume on campus job fair. Got a email notification for a 30-minutes phone interview 3 weeks after that job fair. The phone interview has nothing to do with technical problems. The interviewer first introduce the basic information of their company and their development teams. Then he just asked several questions about the resume. Then, he asked about the biggest coding project you did before.

Interview Questions

• How many classes have you did in your previous project?   Answer Question

Embedded Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Applied on their website, got a call to schedule and interview.

Interview Questions

• Difference between programming on an embedded system and a PC   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

two phone interviews