BlackBerry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.9

579 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

HR guy got in touch after viewing profile in linkedIn.

Radio Software Integration - Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

I was emailed about the interview with the scheduled date and time. The phone interview lasted one hour. I was asked questions from everything on my resume. The questions were technical as well as behavorial. Two days later the HR called to inform me I got the internship.

Interview Questions

• Explain what happens from the time the WiFi adapter is switched on to the moment connection is established. Although I know the answer now, I was not thorough at the time I took the interview.   Answer Question

Software Test Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with manager and team lead and the director in the phone. Questions about testing and analysis. About previous projects and software life cycle. Really cool laid back people. The interview lasted 40 mins or so which also included their roles description. As I left another person was coming in to interview.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

get a phone interview first, then just discuss about your background, some stuffs in your resume, then schedule a technical interview one week later.

Interview Questions

• Are you farmiliar with the IOS, Blackberry OS, or Window OS?   Answer Question

Radio Software Integration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

you need to apply for the position in the company website.
    Later i got a mail from the recruiter that i need to give a phone interview.
    The phone interview went for about an hour which is done by two individuals.
    1st person asked me more about the projects i mentioned in my resume and technical questions regarding in the field of RF.
    2nd person is completely technical round.

Negotiation

as it iwas an intern position so i was not able to negostiate

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Job fair interview.
    Basic questions on C, C++ and JAVA like size of integer, sizeof() related questions.

Interview Questions

• Main question was how to reverse the words in a sentence
      eg: "This is a test sentence." output should be "sentence test a is This."   1 Answer

Mechanical Designer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

The interview was based only in two questions, and the last question was to give an answer in a concept of mechanical engineering. I guess was not bad for an interview with them. Unfortunately, no answer since then (at least from the company if I was accepted or not), however, the HR said that they choose a candidate and those ones rejected received an email notifying. Email which I never received and thank I wonder to ask, if not I'll be still waiting for a response

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

You ll have 1 Hr round and a onsite interview

Embedded Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Got a phone call from the HR manager & he asked about few stuffs in the resume. He scheduled a technical round on the immediate next day. A senior level engineer called me & asked questions regarding auto-interrupts, external interrupts, SPI, UART & DAC. He also asked some questions in C about linked list & structures. Asked few questions from RTOS, difference between semaphore & mutex, scheduler & stack, frame pointers.

Interview Questions

• Design a function that takes a structure and inserts it into a sorted linked list of structures   Answer Question

Security Automation Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me for a position. Then, I had two rounds of technical phone screens. The 1st phone screen was about 45 minutes, but the second one was two hours long. Then, I was invited for an onsite interview.

Phone screen interviews were about algorithms and data structure questions. However, the second phone screen asked some questions in security because it was designed two-hour long. The on-site interview mixed the first and second phone screen topics. A few algorithm/data structure questions and one debugging question in C that was to find errors in a given code (on paper). Then, many questions on computer security topics were asked. Some questions were difficult, but many questions were average.

Interview Questions

• Some questions on algorithms, data structure, and computer security.   Answer Question