BlackBerry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.9

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Andover, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

The recruiter took my resume at career fair. They emailed me to shcedule a phone interview. Following week of phone interview, I was invited to company for face to face interview. I took 2 hours in total with 4 different softeare engineers and a hiring manager. The questions was easy in general but I gave wrong anwers because I was nervous. They were looking for c++ developer.

Radio Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online. got a call and interview was completely technical on whats on my resume

Radio/Protocols Stack Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online and got phone interview call based on background. After clearing phone interview I got called for on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions on past projects, cache, hamming codes. C coding questions.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mountain View, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Long wait for initial response, but good experience with hiring manager. Following up meetings with other PMs and Engineering. Had to do a sample presentation to executive. Met total of 7 people before offer.

Java Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Raleigh, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Basic questions of Java, difference between Hash Map and a Hash Table, refer stack overflow for details
    what sort of projects i have worked on How is scheduling done at Network Layer, then i was to rate their product in comparison to other smart phones
    Synchronization questions and how does java implement synchronization (answer is monitors) and some about data structures

Interview Questions

• Does Hash Table allow null values   1 Answer

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Miami, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Got a mail regarding the position and when it was possible to take the interview. After a date was fixed, had a call interview for 45 mins. Initially briefed about the company and the department followed by asking personal experiences and some technical question.

OS Embedded Developer, Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Apply on the RIM website. There will be screening interview by the HR. Manager will call you for the technical interview after that. It lasted only around 40 min's for me. He asked me coursework and project experience related to embedded systems and C programming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. For internships it is a fixed salary.

Radio Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed for an internship position. The post I was offered was of a Radio Software Enginner.
    My friend had forwarded my resume.
    It took just 2 hours for RIM to schedule an interview with me. I was lucky!

Interview Questions

• Diiferent access specifiers in C++/JAVA   Answer Question
    • Expalin static variable?   Answer Question
    • Can a variable be declared as static in a .h file?   Answer Question
    • Say a browser is not wroking on a mobile phone. What are the steps that U will take to reslve the issue?   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Software Test Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

1 round phonic interview and 5 rounds of in person interview with the team members and hiring manager. Mostly based on projects done and related to work experience. Then took a month for background check.

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online in summmer and I got call from them in spring semester. It was 30 min phone interview taken by 3 managers. They asked me on telecomm and C language. It was not difficult. I screwed because of my own mistake. Hope this will help other who will give it next time.