BlackBerry Interview Questions in Mississauga, ON | Glassdoor

2.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and first had a phone screening with the dev manager where he asked me some basic questions about my resume and current position and why I was looking for a change. He described what their team did and what the role would cover.
    Next, I was invited to in person interview where I was interviewed by 2 engineers - the dev manager and another developer. They asked me some security related questions a few of which I didn't know the answers for. The coding questions were easy. But, they were focusing more on the security aspect of the algorithms and not general problem solving skills.
    I guess even if my programming was good I didn't make the cut because of my lack of security knowledge.

Interview Questions

• They gave a piece of code and asked to make one of the functions more secure.   Answer Question

Software Developer, Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Was done via skype directly by the hiring manager. Interview was divided into sections. I got a call almost right after the interview if I wanted to join which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Detail about linked lists
      insertion, deletion traversal problems
      a lot of mathematical analysis and debugging techniques. for example, how would you start debugging a web server?
      I was asked to sit with a calculator which I used a lot.
      coding problems were used to identify buggy code.   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Two interviewers which were very nice and laid back. Asked basic questions about projects, skills, etc. Followed by technical questions from topics directly from the job posting. Know your resume and brush upon Java, C++, Databases and OS.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1. Received email from recruiter to schedule an interview: she seemed very enthusiastic and organized
    2. Phone interview with manager with tech questions (software based, the usual ones)
    3. Phone interview with other manager about problem solving in general
    4. Webcam interview (puke!!) with team members, mostly same questions as # 2
    5. Assignment given: more technical questions, some problem solving questions
    6. In person with manager and director to review assignment and discuss hobbies
    7. Phone interview with VP to discuss career goals and hobbies
    8. Receive offer, accept offer, do background check, submit paperwork, begin working.

Total span was about 2 months from 1 to 8.

Interview Questions

• How can you store extra information in a linked list without adding a new data member given that the memory is X byte aligned?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. My advice is not to be desperate and if you aren't happy, don't take it! Opt out of the bonus for an increase in base salary and ask for more OFFICIAL vacation.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview and the HR person didn't attend it for a personal reason. They asked a lot about my past personal project. (Things like how is this part working, etc) They also made a very comfortable interview atmosphere. I prepared quite a bit on this interview, but ended up not saying much what I was going to say.

Interview Questions

• How are list and tuple different in Python?   1 Answer

Software Test Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online. It took almost three weeks to get interview. I was contacted by co-op officer regarding interview. out of 45 minutes, 35 minutes was technical interview and 10 minutes behavioral and puzzle questions. Lot of questions related to different testing methods and reason regarding those. After interview they took 3 weeks to give verbal offer..

Interview Questions

• Puzzle: If you have $21 and you have to split money such a way than difference should you $20.   1 Answer

Software Test Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Hiring process was relatively quick. Being from BC they quickly set up a phone conference interview. The interview was mostly technical questions such as how you would test things, but we also touched on past test experiences, some algorithms and optimization, and finally details about the position itself. Overall, the interview went smoothly and I found it was extremely fair for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you hate most about QA and Software Testing... and how would you fix it.   Answer Question

Co-op Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

One stage interview, whereby the hiring manager was a Senior Business Planner. It was primarily a behavioural interview with situational questions. There was some questions regarding tech knowledge and interest, but was more of what are my interests in tech and why BlackBerry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three things that are happening in tech today you find interesting.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Did 2 Interviews First was over the phone, normal questions about my experience, second interview was Face-to-Face in Mississauga, alot of OOP questions and finally a paper with OOP Questions.. Didnt get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Normal Questions: How to detect Memory Leak... What is Volatile key word .. etc   Answer Question

Systems Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

I had one phone interview and one on-site interview. The on-site interview was the 2 team leads and one senior project manager. The interview took around 2 hours. Generally speaking they were friendly at the interview. I got the result of interview after 3 days, but my background check took around 5 week.

Interview Questions

• Software design pattern, Java programming questions, and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question