BlackBerry Interview Questions in Ottawa, ON | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Interview Questions in Ottawa, ON

Updated Feb 5, 2017

Applications Software Developor - Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was over interviewed by 2 employees. They Went over my resume, asked about previous experience and asked a few technical questions. Then asked me i have any questions.There was one programming question at the end before the Manager came in and asked a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• -Difference between process and thread
      -Difference between python and c++
      -Difference between private and protected
      Answer Question

Software Developer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Talk about something in interviewer's team, such as what they are doing and what I will be assigned if I got offer. And then interviewer asked some basic C language questions and my project experience.

Software Engineer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Uncomfortable but comfortable. Interviewers expected a lot from me. They asked about projects on my resume. Seemed to have thoroughly researched me. I was not well prepared for it. There were things on the requirements. Once they hit something I couldn't answer they moved on very quickly as if to try and end the interview sooner. it was a grilling experience

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through college and it took 2 weeks for the offer. it was a skype interview. it went for over 20-25 mins and the interviewer was good and friendly.

Interview Questions

• there were basic questions on linux and type of testing - black box testing , white box testing and regression testing. and what some questions on memory in java and also they were eager to know that i knew selenium or not . it is the software on which they operate.   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview went smoothly. There were three interviewers and they were very nice and accommodating. At first, they told me to tell them about myself which I explained well. Then, they asked about the projects that I have worked on and I am working on currently. Some basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the projects have done before and how did I design them. The team use java as their major programming language. There were some basic programming questions.   Answer Question

Software Tools Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was just one 45 minute interview. Hiring manager gave a formal introduction, asked me for an intro. He then basically went over your resume. Every section he went in-depth especially with projects, past experience and work/volunteer experience. Recruiter asked me if I had any questions, and then we had a nice chat about the tech industry and our alma matter.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with 2 technical managers. Took about 45mins. Was sometimes hard to hear what they were asking since they were on speakerphone so that the two managers could ask questions simultaneously. First they would ask questions about where you see yourself in the future? Then general things such as school as well as projects on resume. After 5mins of that, they start asking specific technical questions. The more answers you answer correctly, they ask deeper ones until you get stuck.

Interview Questions

• Smith Chart, Impedance Matching, RF stuff, Ohm's law   Answer Question

Test Automation Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I was apply for a co-op position in Ottawa. I went through an employ referral. I had a behavioural interview, two technical (one included a code review) then another chat. One of my questions involved testing a keyboard, I was a little tripped up with this because you have to remember BlackBerry's still have/had a physical keyboard. Overall, the interview process was a positive experience, and I really enjoyed doing the code review.

Interview Questions

• Something for Amazon from Cracking the Coding interview (I dont remember).
      How would you go about testing the physical keyboard?
      1 Answer

Systems Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview where they asked me behavioral questions by taking turns. Interviewers were very nice and it was a great experience. I described my goals and aspirations and why I wanted to work for BlackBerry.

Interview Questions

• Describe one difficult situation that you faced and how you tackled it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through BlackBerry career website and the process took three weeks. I had only one round of phone interview. A manager and two senior developers did the interview. Very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Basic OOP concepts, Garbage collection in C, Smart pointers, Difference between Abstract class and Interface   Answer Question