BlackBerry Project Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Project Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at BlackBerry

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2012.

Interview

Initially registered with RIM through their website and applied for the position there. Heard back from them after about a week. They gave me a time and asked if it was okay and I replied it was fine. There were 2 interviewers but only 1 person asked the questions. The questions were behavioral since this wasn't a technical job. The questions were standard ones and not tricky at all. The interviewer also rephrased things I had difficulty understanding.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2010.

Interview

Two project mangers that were looking for a motivated student with strong initiative towards process management and project reporting purposes. A 45 min long phone interview focusing on mixture of behavioural and situational questions. The Interviewer also asked few questions on project life cycle. I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you demonstrated your leadership ability?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2007.

Interview

The process was relatively quick. After I applied for the job, I received an interview within 3 weeks. RIM sent me an email with information about the phone interview and names of interviewers. The phone interview was 45 mins long and consisted of general conversation going over my resume and cover letter. I received an offer 2 week after that.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with LAMP environment? How may project did you complete using this technology? What is the size of the projects?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage the confrontation and conflict of interests? What kind of management style do you dislike?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no opportunity for negotiation since I was applying for an internship position.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2009.

Interview

As RIM is in (and has been in for some time) a very extensive recruiting drive it did take a while from the time I submitted my applicatioln for the position and when I actually had my first and second telephone interviews. However it was shorter than the "months" of lead time communicated from a head hunter I had spoken with prior to applying.

Interviews themselves ..... brief and to the point. Not a lot of idle chatter or "getting to know you" that sometimes occurs at the beginning. Was surprised a little when I got into the interview - had been told by the recruiter that I would be speaking with the hiring manager only but as it turned out both the hiring manager and their manager (a Director) were in on the call. This was actually good because I got to ask questions of both. Advice - be prepared for the unexpected and embrace it when it does come. Liked both the hiring manager and the Director from the 30-40 minute conversation we had - both were very knowledgeable and had really spent the time to think about what they wanted in the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? Why do you feel you are the best candidate for the position?   Answer Question
    • Describe what attributes you would track and monitor to be successful in portfolio mangement?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2008.

Interview

The interview process started late but it only consisted of 1 phone interview with a member of the team I was applying to. Since the position was for an Intern, the questions were fairly basic...preliminary project management questions and a lot of situational questions like - what would you do if....describe a time when you displayed leadership skills...etc

Interview Questions

• describe the 3 aspects of the project management triangle   5 Answers
    • describe a time when you displayed your leadership skills   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was so excited to be accepted for the position that i did not negotiate anything. Later i found out that other interns had negotiated a later start date giving them a bit of a vacation between final exams and their internship

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2010.

Interview

basic questions were involved like why you applied and what you want to get out of this interview. Not much surprises but went by very quickly. Im not sure how they really evaluate their decision because it wasnt too in depth. I was only applying for a coop 4 month position so maybe thats why. Make sure you have alot of experience to talk about

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

Had the interview within a week of applying for the job online.
    I was provided with the job description before the interview was scheduled and I reviewed my resume and matched my previous experience and education to the job description.
    The interviewer asked situational and behavioural questions then moved on to the job related questions on technical skills and interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions

• What does leadership mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Although I was not able to negotiate, I was able to answer questions in a way that would lead into another question that I was prepared to answer.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

Step 1: Resume/Cover Letter
    Step 2: Email confirming phone interview
    Step 3: Phone interview with team lead, and project specialists

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you implemented a solution to help your team members.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

It was a really easy interview, just give example of PM experiences

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

didn't ask me any technical questions. Even asked me what would I like to do for fun.
    but I didn't get the offer.