BlackBerry Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Project Manager Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

HR Screening. I obtained a phone call from the human resources department and was asked a number of generic questions about my education, experience and knowledge of regular computer applications/software.
Manager phone call of one hour. He asked me more specific questions on the software I used and the projects I worked on.
In-house interview with hiring manager. More in-depth questions on my project management experience.
Team interview. A little more relaxed but the employees threw a couple of questions from time to time about my experience and challenges working in a team environment.
Final interview with Director and VP. They just wanted to see how I managed myself with more senior managers and to see if they had a favorable opinion about my potential contributions if added to the team

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you went over and above of what was expected of you?
    Tell me of an instance when you had a conflict with a customer and how did you handle?
    How do you prepare for an important executive presentation (steps)?
    Walk me through the steps you go when beginning to work on a new project?
    What specific sections of a Business Requirements document do you provide more input to?
    How do you validate schedules and budgets?
    How do you handle a situation where a co-worker did not deliver what he/she promised?
    Give me an example where you failed at some project?
    How do you begin your day?
    Tell me about the steps you go through to work with remote/virtual employees?
    What challenges do you find when working with external vendors/contractors?
    How much percent are you prepared to travel?
    Give me examples of the enterprise software that you have worked with.
    What project management tools have you worked with?
    Do you have experience working with MS Project and Visio?
    Answer Question

Negotiation

All salary ranges are already specified. They gave me a good offer which I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Joined as Co-op student from Schulich School of Business and later offered Project Manager Position with the company

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

1 interview, with hiring manager- asked 2 questions. 1. what is your experience with project management. 2.given your past work experience what is your customer service like?

the interview took all but 19 mins

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation process. i was offered my base salary and i accepted it.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

RIM has a well organized recruiting fair that it uses to sift through all applicants to find it's key prospects and candidates. I was surprised at the average age of the employees and staff involved. RIM seems to have a very young workforce. The interview process and people were very professional and positive. Upon talking closely with the various staff, I was also surprised at the level of work experience, both in total and with RIM itself. It was common that the current employees had only been in their positions for several months to 1 or 2 years. People with 5+ years in RIM were extremely rare. As mentioned before, most employees seem to be fresh graduates or with a couple to few years experience. The company campus was extensive and impressive. The company is well organized and has a small business environment with a large, youthful staff, which is why I suspect turnover is high and also due to high degree of university hiring.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would interface technically with a potential shut down of your project and how would you turn this situation around.   Answer Question

Due to the highly unstable future of RIM and the numerous negative business and financial outlooks it seems to be plagued with, further pursuit was postponed.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a RIM recruiter through linkedin for a Project Manager position at RIM. The position is located in Waterloo, I was very interested in the position but Waterloo is not a location of my choice. During the phone interview with the recruiter, I had mentioned about it would be considerable if I can work from RIM office in Mississauga, and off course I can be on site at Waterloo one day /week or whenever needed (face-to-face meetings...). One thing I'd like to mention here is the phone interview with RIM recruiter was about longer than 30 min, they really need to know the salary range expectation from candidates before moving forward.
    The recruiter really liked my qualifications, background, skill set and followed-up my application to the hiring manager. After about 3 days, the recruiter informed me that the hiring manager wanted to have a phone interview with me. We (the recruiter and I) communicated back and forth to agree upon the date/time of the interview.
    The hiring manager wanted to have her team (6 people) to interview me by phone and separated into two groups. The first group consists of the hiring manager and the 2 team members. They called me on my cell, I was not very impressed with the way they approached the interview. It seems like they were not well-prepared for the questions they asked. My first feeling was "I don't want to work for them". After about 25 minutes and I had a chance to ask some questions. One of my questions was is it possible for this position to be located in Mississauga office? After hearing this question, the hiring manager gave a very short answer and ended the interview.

The recruiter emailed me and mentioned about the reason. I was not offered the job but very happy. My thoughts about RIM has been changed since this interview. I was not very impressed with the way the hiring manager conducted the interview.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in May 2010.

Interview

Nice, welcoming interviewers. Missed the opportunity to work with them. The first round was on phone with direct report and his manager. Manager okayed for the 2nd round and the direct report (1:1) along with another team member(on phone) GRILLED me with plethora of questions. The exhaustive list of questions is here for anyone interested in tyical Project Management role:

I would prefer final round of interview to be 100% face to face. It becomes difficult to make an impression on the phone:(.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied for the position in February and in April HR contacted me to arrange a phone interview. In the phone interview the recruiter explained more details about the position and asked some usual questions, like "Why I want to work at RIM?", my salary expectation, some skills required by the position etc. After 2 weeks they called me again to arrange a personal interview with 2 people. The process is still opened.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

Phone screen followed by 2 separate in person interviews with senior team members and team members. Final interview with director with two more senior members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about customer relationships, conflict, time management.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in September 2009.

Interview

I submitted application on line. After about 20 days, a recruiter contact me via email to schedule a phone interview. It took about 30 to 40 minutes. Some general questions were asked and also asked me to verify the information in the resume. Questions like why are you interested in RIM? and why are you interesetd in this position.

Interview Questions

• what factors contributed to your success?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry in September 2009.

Interview

Asked plenty of behavioral questions and made it very difficult to give direct answers by making the questions very open-ended. There was no intention of a 1:1 interview, it was all via telephone which may or may not be a good thing since it doesn't allow you to show who you really are.