BlackBerry Project Manager Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

HR Screening. I obtained a phone call from the human resources department and was asked a number of generic questions about my education, experience and knowledge of regular computer applications/software.
Manager phone call of one hour. He asked me more specific questions on the software I used and the projects I worked on.
In-house interview with hiring manager. More in-depth questions on my project management experience.
Team interview. A little more relaxed but the employees threw a couple of questions from time to time about my experience and challenges working in a team environment.
Final interview with Director and VP. They just wanted to see how I managed myself with more senior managers and to see if they had a favorable opinion about my potential contributions if added to the team

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you went over and above of what was expected of you?
    Tell me of an instance when you had a conflict with a customer and how did you handle?
    How do you prepare for an important executive presentation (steps)?
    Walk me through the steps you go when beginning to work on a new project?
    What specific sections of a Business Requirements document do you provide more input to?
    How do you validate schedules and budgets?
    How do you handle a situation where a co-worker did not deliver what he/she promised?
    Give me an example where you failed at some project?
    How do you begin your day?
    Tell me about the steps you go through to work with remote/virtual employees?
    What challenges do you find when working with external vendors/contractors?
    How much percent are you prepared to travel?
    Give me examples of the enterprise software that you have worked with.
    What project management tools have you worked with?
    Do you have experience working with MS Project and Visio?   Answer Question

Negotiation

All salary ranges are already specified. They gave me a good offer which I accepted.