BlackBerry Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions in United States

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview questions were basic but still better than a lot of other interview questions I see. RIM's Chicago office is new and very nice.

There were a couple of programming questions. There were a lot of knowledge questions like "Do you know <X> technology or protocol". I got interviewed by 6 different people and I got a bit too tired at the end. It also didn't help that their most senior engineer interviewed me last after I was spent.

One warning to anyone considering RIM: Their HR is awful. For my interview they've invited me to Chicago. I filed my expenses (under $100 total) to be reimbursed but haven't gotten it yet in 2 months... I have emailed several times, tried to call. They respond and always say "This will be processed this week". Still waiting. Very unprofessional IMO. I'm glad I didn't take their offer. I found a similar job that paid ~ 10K better.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that extracts bits 1,2,9,10,19,20 from a 32-bit register and writes them to an 8 bit register.   1 Answer

The offer was below my market rate and they refused to match my market rate. I also have to say the HR rep was often rude and clueless and that was a big turn off for me. I thought the management was very reasonable. I felt like the HR did a terrible job of communicating what I asked and why to them.