BlackBerry Software Developer Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.7

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Two phone interview for internship. Well structured and quite technical. Started off by asking about my previous work experience, programming knowledge, relevant courses and then went into the technical aspect. Coding questions. Asked to provide pseudo code over the phone, many algorithmic and conceptual questions regarding Object oriented programming and data structures. Some questions about pointers and memory allocations

Interview Questions

• Difference between Lists and Arrays.
    MergeSort and Quicksort
    Reverse a list   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very smooth with great interviewers. The interview was around one hour through the phone with technical questions. The interviewers were a big factor to accepting the position. It seems like a positive working environment.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

had a phone interview with the recruiter, then had a in person interview. The general setup was ok, learned about the company and i talked about my experiences. It was not submitting that i wanted to do after learning more about the company, so i didn't proceed further.

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

One phone call. Talked to HR first. Then Talked to a software developer. Basic HR questions. Why did you take Computer Engineering, Why BlackBerry. Then talked to the Dev for technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the major differences between java and C. Java Try Catch problems. Can you have more than one try? Sorting a binary tree.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the career website and within 5 days they called me to set up a telephone interview. I choose one day for the call and everything they asked me over the phone. they didn't call me to the company or they didn't give me the coding challenge.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a very easy going interview, no technical questions asked. Mostly discussed my previous work experience and projects. The person who interviewed me was really easy to talk to. Overall, it was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• What did you find the most challenging while working on your project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with hiring manager and 2 others. They were friendly enough, but seemed a bit unprepared for the interview. Lots of all-over-the-place questions. I did not hear back from them for a while, probably were interviewing others in the meantime. I eventually called back 1 week later. Was told I would hear from them soon, and did in three days.

Interview Questions

• Went over my experience and relevance to the job. What projects did I work on? How did I handle conflicts? Why did I leave former job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much wiggle room. They have salary ranges specified that you must fit into.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

It's a phone interview, took about 40 mins. 10 min of project experience, knowledge background, 20 min of basic white board alg problem. And some natural question and basic java concept questions.

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

I went to a BlackBerry info session where I met my employer. I sent her in my resume, and a few weeks later we have an on the phone interview. There was no technical questions involved, overall very laid back interview process.

Interview Questions

• About yourself, why I wanted to work there.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

A call from the hiring manager's team members, started out with some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, talk about resume, projects and extra-curriculars),

Basic behavior questions, nothing difficult, three interviewers at the same time, ppl are nice and talented. Hope the company will turn around.