BlackBerry Software Developer Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Software Developer Interview Questions in United States

2.6

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Milford, CT).

Interview

I met them at my college career fair. They were recruiting people for their Milford, Connecticut branch. They had a 45 min phone interview where they asked me to type a program in google documents, a basic number to string conversion for the headers in column for microsoft excel, eg A - 1 .. Z - 26, AA - 27 etc.. I did that and they called for an onsite interview. I surprisingly had 3 one to one HR rounds and only 1 technical round (2 interviewers). In the technical round they asked me to code, if given a dictionary as a huge stream (words separated with commas) and a word to search, how would I find it in the stream. According to me all the rounds went fine, so I am guessing my rejection was only based on the fact that I didnt have much mobile programming experience.

Interview Questions

• One question in the phone interview and one in the onsite technical round, but both were easy...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Sent resume on campus job fair. Got a email notification for a 30-minutes phone interview 3 weeks after that job fair. The phone interview has nothing to do with technical problems. The interviewer first introduce the basic information of their company and their development teams. Then he just asked several questions about the resume. Then, he asked about the biggest coding project you did before.

Interview Questions

• How many classes have you did in your previous project?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

get a phone interview first, then just discuss about your background, some stuffs in your resume, then schedule a technical interview one week later.

Interview Questions

• Are you farmiliar with the IOS, Blackberry OS, or Window OS?   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2015.

Interview

Briefly spoke about some personal questions and they asked me some legalese type things about my employment eligibility. No coding interviews on this one as it seemed to be more of a first screen, however I have been contacted again for a phone interview. No coding questions got asked but I imagine that will come later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR rep for this position on 2nd week of Apr. Scheduled an on-site interview on 21st Apr. Interview was good, simple questions asked on Operating systems concepts. Interviewer was also very cool and kept me cool as well. Interview was for 30 min after which the interviewer offered me a chance to ask questions. After about 10 more mins, the interview was over and was also upto my satisfaction. May be i'll hear from them this week. Cant wait to join the team at RIM.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Raleigh, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

They went straight to an onsite interview. We went through my resume and they asked some behavioral questions. Not much technical other than what I knew about the programming languages on my resume. Very friendly people!

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Job fair interview.
    Basic questions on C, C++ and JAVA like size of integer, sizeof() related questions.

Interview Questions

• Main question was how to reverse the words in a sentence
      eg: "This is a test sentence." output should be "sentence test a is This."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Just 30 mins interview with the Architect and Manager of the team. Difference between C++ and Java. Projects I have worked on and other behavioural questions like
    1. Conflicts in your team How do you resolve
    2.Why this position
    3. why Blackberry
    4.Why Software

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

There was a panel of 3 interviewers. They asked about my projects related to operating system, kernel development. They wanted to know details of the projects. So anyone interviewing must go through all the projects on their resume. They just ask all details about them, how, why, any way you could have made it better.

Interview Questions

• Details of the projects, whether done in c, c++ or any other language.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Was a piece of cake. Java Fundamentals, Concurrency Paradigms, Design and Concurrency Patterns, Memory Models

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate