BlackBerry Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

2.8

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Gave my resume at the jobfair - Applied on the website - Interview - Job offer.
    It took 2 weeks from the day I gave my resume at the jobfair to receiving the offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation in which you showed leadership.   1 Answer

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2009.

Interview

I made personal contacts with RIM to see if they had any openings and they had a posting they were about to open to public so i had advance notice. Had a call with HR, then a one to ones with all their senior staff. Interviews went very well.

Interview Questions

• Would you say the iPhone is a competitor to the Blackberry   5 Answers

Couple of reasons:
    i was made a competitive offer with a little known company at time that was superior and offered more opportunities to travel.
    The commute between downtown toronto, mississuaga and waterloo was extremly offputting. The design office needs to be an urban center if they want to attract fresh talent.

Software Developer, Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2009.

Interview

The people I interviewed with did a good job in making you feel comfortable. There was a good amount of small talk, and they asked job related questions like Java processes and threads. They helped me out when I was stuck, and also responded with appropriate feedback as I answered technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse a string?   2 Answers

Finance Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I apply through university website and then have on-site interview in toronto, and have two round interview in total. the interview is not difficult and hiring manager is really nice. After almost two weeks, they call me and offer me an offer.

Software Developer, Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Was done via skype directly by the hiring manager. Interview was divided into sections. I got a call almost right after the interview if I wanted to join which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Detail about linked lists
      insertion, deletion traversal problems
      a lot of mathematical analysis and debugging techniques. for example, how would you start debugging a web server?
      I was asked to sit with a calculator which I used a lot.
      coding problems were used to identify buggy code.   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

its a long process 1st submit resume online then they will decide where will be fit and then they will ask for interview over phone if they want then they will call you in person interview

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Round 1: HR person contacts you for ask for a suitable time for tech interview
    Round 2: Interview is computer/phone regarding the past projects and analytical question
    After this you are contacted by the HR person if you got selected

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe past projects
      2. What was your role specifically
      3. What do you know about BlackBerry
      4. Analytical Questions like these
      https://www.quora.com/There-are-8-balls-7-of-them-weigh-the-same-1-of-them-has-a-different-weight-you-dont-know-if-its-heavier-or-lighter-How-do-you-find-the-odd-ball-with-2-weighs   Answer Question

Systems Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and first had a phone screening with the dev manager where he asked me some basic questions about my resume and current position and why I was looking for a change. He described what their team did and what the role would cover.
    Next, I was invited to in person interview where I was interviewed by 2 engineers - the dev manager and another developer. They asked me some security related questions a few of which I didn't know the answers for. The coding questions were easy. But, they were focusing more on the security aspect of the algorithms and not general problem solving skills.
    I guess even if my programming was good I didn't make the cut because of my lack of security knowledge.

Interview Questions

• They gave a piece of code and asked to make one of the functions more secure.   Answer Question

Software Test Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online. It took almost three weeks to get interview. I was contacted by co-op officer regarding interview. out of 45 minutes, 35 minutes was technical interview and 10 minutes behavioral and puzzle questions. Lot of questions related to different testing methods and reason regarding those. After interview they took 3 weeks to give verbal offer..

Interview Questions

• Puzzle: If you have $21 and you have to split money such a way than difference should you $20.   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone conference interview with VP level and manager level which lasted around 45 Min. Resume and cover letter screened after applying for the job. Both interviewers were high level and very nice, asked to stay in touch in case summer position was open. Interview was for winter co-op. Interviewer mentioned that my questions were good and said that BBY is going through a sort of start-up hectic phase with new business.

Interview Questions

• - One example where you implemented change in the organization   1 Answer