BlackBerry Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

2.8

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

its a long process 1st submit resume online then they will decide where will be fit and then they will ask for interview over phone if they want then they will call you in person interview

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1. Received email from recruiter to schedule an interview: she seemed very enthusiastic and organized
    2. Phone interview with manager with tech questions (software based, the usual ones)
    3. Phone interview with other manager about problem solving in general
    4. Webcam interview (puke!!) with team members, mostly same questions as # 2
    5. Assignment given: more technical questions, some problem solving questions
    6. In person with manager and director to review assignment and discuss hobbies
    7. Phone interview with VP to discuss career goals and hobbies
    8. Receive offer, accept offer, do background check, submit paperwork, begin working.

Total span was about 2 months from 1 to 8.

Interview Questions

• How can you store extra information in a linked list without adding a new data member given that the memory is X byte aligned?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. My advice is not to be desperate and if you aren't happy, don't take it! Opt out of the bonus for an increase in base salary and ask for more OFFICIAL vacation.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview and the HR person didn't attend it for a personal reason. They asked a lot about my past personal project. (Things like how is this part working, etc) They also made a very comfortable interview atmosphere. I prepared quite a bit on this interview, but ended up not saying much what I was going to say.

Interview Questions

• How are list and tuple different in Python?   1 Answer

Software Test Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online. It took almost three weeks to get interview. I was contacted by co-op officer regarding interview. out of 45 minutes, 35 minutes was technical interview and 10 minutes behavioral and puzzle questions. Lot of questions related to different testing methods and reason regarding those. After interview they took 3 weeks to give verbal offer..

Interview Questions

• Puzzle: If you have $21 and you have to split money such a way than difference should you $20.   1 Answer

Systems Implementation Specialist (Co-op) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Had a 45 minute phone interview with 3 managers.Most questions were about previous job experience, and some academic experience. They also asked if I had any experience with project management software (such as Microsoft Project), and if I was familiar with various communication standards (LTE, GSM, CDMA etc.). The interview process was fairly standard.

Software Test Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Hiring process was relatively quick. Being from BC they quickly set up a phone conference interview. The interview was mostly technical questions such as how you would test things, but we also touched on past test experiences, some algorithms and optimization, and finally details about the position itself. Overall, the interview went smoothly and I found it was extremely fair for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you hate most about QA and Software Testing... and how would you fix it.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Simple phone interview, mostly behavioral questions with some very simple technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Basic questions, introduce yourself, what programming languages are you proficient with, favourite courses, what are your hobbies, what extra curricular things do you do other than school and exams, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is my Last name? (interviewer's last name)   1 Answer

Co-op Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

One stage interview, whereby the hiring manager was a Senior Business Planner. It was primarily a behavioural interview with situational questions. There was some questions regarding tech knowledge and interest, but was more of what are my interests in tech and why BlackBerry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three things that are happening in tech today you find interesting.   Answer Question

Security Research Aistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview process was good. submitted my resume online about two weeks latter got an email. Had one call interview after which i got an offer the next day.
    Interview ques were simple string manipulation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation