BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

2.9

136 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of one phone interview and then an in person interview. The phone interview was pretty basic about past experiences, certifications, educations, etc.
    The in person interview was more of a behavioral interview and few technical questions that were tricky and hard. One question consisted of many parts (5-6 parts).

Interview Questions

• Past Experiences and technical components of a computer and troubleshooting questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Mateo, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of the phone interview and in-person interview in the final round, First round was more technical coding related questions and second round was technical more conceptual questions.

Interview Questions

• REST vs SOAP, Inheritance, overloading, Wcf vs Web Api, OAuth Security,   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2017.

Interview

I had the WORST experience ever!I applied online and someone from BlackBerry contacted me about the position. I got a phone interview with their head of design and everything went well. They contacted me next day letting me know that got the job!The starting day supposed to be two months after our conversation and I send them all of my documents SSN number and everything to initiating the background check. They told me it will take 10 days to do the background screening and then I can start on the last Monday of August. After two weeks not hearing from them I contacted them, by the way, you need to send 3 emails and 4 phone calls to somebody get back to you!!!! The hr told me they forgot to start the process they will fix the problem and get back to me! I gave my company the two weeks notice and now after one month nobody even answer my emails and I'm no longer with my previous company!!!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Blackberry? How do you see the company future?   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Long, Long and...LONG! Might be the biggest waste of my time professionally I have ever experienced in an interview process!! The hiring manager seemed cool and very interested. I had over 7 interviews all 1-2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What didn't they ask me...most questions were no relevant to the position. Seemed like they were trying to convince me that BlackBerry is not an old company.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a full-day (9:30am - 6pm) on site behavioral interview with 40 other interviewees. To be honest, I found this format entirely ineffective unless all they are looking for is the most outgoing candidate (which is important for sales, but just because you're outgoing doesn't mean you will be good at sales, and doesn't mean you have the skills to advance in the company). But most importantly, Blackberry's sales leaders did hardly ANY selling of why we should want to work for them. I spent a total of 10 minutes talking to actual decision-makers. In the end, I found myself in the group not offered a position alongside some other candidates I was convinced would get an offer. Whole day was a pretty big waste and proved I would not be happy with a position at Blackberry anyway.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to shift from your current role into sales?   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Unconventional Interviewing format in which a bunch of people just interviewed on the same day. I found it to be ineffective, and frankly took too much time. Overall unless you really want a job with Blackberry, not worth the 12 hour commitment.

Enterprise Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

I answered "Declined," as the offer would've come if I'd been willing to "play ball." See below.

Began process with unsolicited outreach from 3rd party recruiter. Followed by a call with the hiring manager, then lunch with same, an hour long call with his boss, another hour-long call with his boss' boss, as well as a call with the sales engineer (a team compatibility check). I had to fill out a fairly draconian application with 15 years of job history, complete with manager names and compensation. They called 3 past managers for references, and then they asked for W-2's and/or paystubs. When I refused, the process ended. The fact is no employer ever needs your W-2's. They want it for comp negotiation, and any other reason is ethically bankrupt deception. An offer was right behind W-2's and a background check, but personal privacy wasn't something I was willing to sacrifice.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a complex deal you won and how you won it.
      What did you learn from a specific loss?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Ramon, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews prior to offer extended. Very non-competitive offered at first. I negotiated for a much higher amount then the low Offer extended it first.

Interview Questions

• What type of positions did you feel in the past.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Upon submitting an application, received a call from the Global Talent Acquisition Manager. Went through the initial phone interview and set up an interview with 2 team members of the Blackberry Inside Sales Team.
    Upon arrival in the Midtown office, I was greeted by two very young members of Blackberry's Inside Sales Team. The first team member roughly went over the position, day-to-day tasks, benefits and the perks of working for Blackberry. Shortly thereafter began the questions regarding my experience, why I want to work for Blackberry, and what sets me apart from every other candidate. Through a series of my own questions, the main interviewer provided a set of unrealistic expectations for the ideal candidate - such as fulfilling their quota with little to no training and cutting out their existing channel partners.
    After the interview was completed, I walked away feeling fairly confident the interview went well. All things considered I am glad, I was not presented with an offer that I would have ultimately rejected.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with "Smiling-and-Dialing"?   Answer Question
    • We are currently losing a lot of margin to the channel, how would you help us recover lost margins?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work with Blackberry?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize opportunities? Which is a higher priority: a customer issue or an high margin opportunity?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Ramon, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The job title and the description did not match. I was actually interviewed for the role of Technical support engineer but the job title said Technical Support Representative. So basically I was interviewed for Tier 2, 3 support. The job description also did not give a proper description on what I should prepare. I being a Computer Engineering student, attended the interview after preparation on basic SQL, Network concepts and server concepts. To my imagination and belief, I was interviewed on Technical stuff. And the Director incharge of my interview process apologised for the job description.
    The job description did not demand an experienced candidate but I was refused to be hired in spite of performing well owing to lack of experience.