BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.9

Enterprise Support Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX).

Interview

The initial contact was a prescreen interview. The second interview was a face-to-face with the Account Management Supervisor and Director. Their attitudes were very condescending and rather dry. The 3rd interview was a panel interview with management and other Account Management.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important characteristics that an Account Manager should possess?
      How would handle someone who was not doing their job.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I requested a salary range of $55-60 and they gave me $60k

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied on the RIM website and was contacted a few days later by one of their recruiters and set up a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of a brief overview of my resume and previous expirience with a few situational questions. At the end of the interview I asked about more details of the position since the posting was vauge.. recruiter didn't know any specifics. I was contacted a few days later to setup a panel/presentation interview. I was told the presentation should be related to the job but the recruiter again couldn't answer specific questions about the position (ie, who the end user/customer was). The interview started with the presentation part of the interview. I was cutoff mid presentation and told that my presentation didn't exactly pertain to the position. I was then asked a series of situational/role playing questions. My answers were very similar to the "correct" answer given by the interviewers but I was criticized for not stating company policy. How am I suposed to know the company policies if I am not employed by the company?? This interview was frustrating and I felt like it was a complete waste of time. I don't even think a current employee would be able to "pass" the interview based on the answers they were looking for. I received a call from another recruiter a few weeks ago wanting to set up a phone interview for the same position. What a joke. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• You inherit an account from another account manager and on your second day you get a call from the VP of the company. VP is upset about an ongoing issue that has not been resolved and demands to speak to your VP within 30 minutes.   1 Answer

IOT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

Interview

The whole interview process was very good, questions were to the point and very informative.The whole interview was technical, UMTS, GSM architecture, call flows, RF. There was a telephonic interview followed by a onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• The whole interview was technical, UMTS, GSM architecture, call flows, RF   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

HR Screening. I obtained a phone call from the human resources department and was asked a number of generic questions about my education, experience and knowledge of regular computer applications/software.
    Manager phone call of one hour. He asked me more specific questions on the software I used and the projects I worked on.
    In-house interview with hiring manager. More in-depth questions on my project management experience.
    Team interview. A little more relaxed but the employees threw a couple of questions from time to time about my experience and challenges working in a team environment.
    Final interview with Director and VP. They just wanted to see how I managed myself with more senior managers and to see if they had a favorable opinion about my potential contributions if added to the team

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you went over and above of what was expected of you?
      Tell me of an instance when you had a conflict with a customer and how did you handle?
      How do you prepare for an important executive presentation (steps)?
      Walk me through the steps you go when beginning to work on a new project?
      What specific sections of a Business Requirements document do you provide more input to?
      How do you validate schedules and budgets?
      How do you handle a situation where a co-worker did not deliver what he/she promised?
      Give me an example where you failed at some project?
      How do you begin your day?
      Tell me about the steps you go through to work with remote/virtual employees?
      What challenges do you find when working with external vendors/contractors?
      How much percent are you prepared to travel?
      Give me examples of the enterprise software that you have worked with.
      What project management tools have you worked with?
      Do you have experience working with MS Project and Visio?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

All salary ranges are already specified. They gave me a good offer which I accepted.

Software Validation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Very logical and reasoned process. After phone screen by hiring manager, I was called in for a formal interview by the Development team lead. When I arrived, I found 3 separate team leads and a senior manager. Each had excellent interviewing skills, asking difficult questions pertaining to the position. The questions became more detailed as they attempted to find my technical limits. However, the interview was still concluded within one hour.

Interview Questions

• A question regarding my stance of the balance of product deadlines vs product quality.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was simple, I accepted the first offer as it was handsome and slightly higher than expected.

Software Test Automation Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process was really great. To the point questions and discussion regarding previous experience. Lots of detailed questions regarding test censorious, programming languages. Networking related questions and experience with coding on handheld devices. Really awesome manager.

Radio Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online. got a call and interview was completely technical on whats on my resume

Mechanical Designer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

Talked with recruiter at campus who said BlackBerry wasn't accepting resumes but told me to apply online. After I applied I emailed her later and she responded that the interview process would begin soon. Got contacted for a phone interview with the manager. Interview began with explaining points on my resume while the manager looked for a point to segue into the technical interview. Questions were very technical, asking about different aspects of Mechanics of Materials (beam bending) and a general physics question about buoyancy. Manager was more interested in how I came about finding the answer rather than whether I was right or not. I was contacted a couple weeks later over phone offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• When you fix a beam to a wall and add a shear force at the end of the beam, where does the beam fail first?   Answer Question
    • Which type of beam would be stronger against a shear force at its end: a hollow circular tube or a solid cylindrical bar both with the same cross-sectional area?   Answer Question
    • If you have a boat in water and you want to sink the boat, how would you go about doing it? How does the boat stay above water normally?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay was very good compared with other companies.

Radio Software Integration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

you need to apply for the position in the company website.
    Later i got a mail from the recruiter that i need to give a phone interview.
    The phone interview went for about an hour which is done by two individuals.
    1st person asked me more about the projects i mentioned in my resume and technical questions regarding in the field of RF.
    2nd person is completely technical round.

Negotiation

as it iwas an intern position so i was not able to negostiate

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Raleigh, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

Mostly technical questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate much