BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

2.8

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied on the RIM website and was contacted a few days later by one of their recruiters and set up a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of a brief overview of my resume and previous expirience with a few situational questions. At the end of the interview I asked about more details of the position since the posting was vauge.. recruiter didn't know any specifics. I was contacted a few days later to setup a panel/presentation interview. I was told the presentation should be related to the job but the recruiter again couldn't answer specific questions about the position (ie, who the end user/customer was). The interview started with the presentation part of the interview. I was cutoff mid presentation and told that my presentation didn't exactly pertain to the position. I was then asked a series of situational/role playing questions. My answers were very similar to the "correct" answer given by the interviewers but I was criticized for not stating company policy. How am I suposed to know the company policies if I am not employed by the company?? This interview was frustrating and I felt like it was a complete waste of time. I don't even think a current employee would be able to "pass" the interview based on the answers they were looking for. I received a call from another recruiter a few weeks ago wanting to set up a phone interview for the same position. What a joke. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• You inherit an account from another account manager and on your second day you get a call from the VP of the company. VP is upset about an ongoing issue that has not been resolved and demands to speak to your VP within 30 minutes.   1 Answer

Software Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

HR interview, general questions about current position, salary, willing to be relocated
    Technical interview including verbally IQ tests, QA in detail, cell phone's behavior (data), IOT

Interview Questions

• There was not any unexpected question. Each question was in reference to job description   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Miami, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Got a mail regarding the position and when it was possible to take the interview. After a date was fixed, had a call interview for 45 mins. Initially briefed about the company and the department followed by asking personal experiences and some technical question.

Java Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Raleigh, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Basic questions of Java, difference between Hash Map and a Hash Table, refer stack overflow for details
    what sort of projects i have worked on How is scheduling done at Network Layer, then i was to rate their product in comparison to other smart phones
    Synchronization questions and how does java implement synchronization (answer is monitors) and some about data structures

Interview Questions

• Does Hash Table allow null values   1 Answer

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in November 2009.

Interview

I was screened on campus with a preliminary 30 minute interview. Days later I was asked to an on site interview at the Sunrise location. The company only pays for gas spent and NOT mileage driven which I found disappointing. However they did offer to provide a shuttle, rental car, or possible airplane ticket depending on your location.

They provided a room at a nearby hotel the night prior to the interview.

The on site interview was all together 4 hours with 6 different interviewers at approx 30 minutes each. This was a pretty technical interview ranging from basic circuit knowledge to FFT graphs. After the interview they took me to lunch and we parted ways.

Interview Questions

• Construct an XOR gate using NAND gates   1 Answer
    • What happens to capacitors at DC conditions?   1 Answer
    • Draw the FFT of a sawtooth wave.   1 Answer
    • How to find the current in a resistor?   1 Answer
    • If you're a recent grad expect A LOT of questions on your senior design project   1 Answer

Baseband Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Rolling Meadows, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

The initial phone interview basically had me explaining my resume and experience in detail. This lasted 1hour. The interviewer was very friendly.
    Next phase was a 4 hr on site interview. I was interview by 5 managers out of which one was the managing director. Others were hardware managers in different specialties. I had 4 tests from the 4 technical guys and i was to solve them in front of them. They basically wanted to know my thought process. The guys were friendly and not too pressurizing.
    I felt the position demanded a lot of expertise. It was a very good experience. I got a call within a week that i did not get through.

Interview Questions

• Reliability and QA related questions during my work   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Mateo, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of the phone interview and in-person interview in the final round, First round was more technical coding related questions and second round was technical more conceptual questions.

Interview Questions

• REST vs SOAP, Inheritance, overloading, Wcf vs Web Api, OAuth Security,   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a full-day (9:30am - 6pm) on site behavioral interview with 40 other interviewees. To be honest, I found this format entirely ineffective unless all they are looking for is the most outgoing candidate (which is important for sales, but just because you're outgoing doesn't mean you will be good at sales, and doesn't mean you have the skills to advance in the company). But most importantly, Blackberry's sales leaders did hardly ANY selling of why we should want to work for them. I spent a total of 10 minutes talking to actual decision-makers. In the end, I found myself in the group not offered a position alongside some other candidates I was convinced would get an offer. Whole day was a pretty big waste and proved I would not be happy with a position at Blackberry anyway.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to shift from your current role into sales?   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Unconventional Interviewing format in which a bunch of people just interviewed on the same day. I found it to be ineffective, and frankly took too much time. Overall unless you really want a job with Blackberry, not worth the 12 hour commitment.

Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they got back to me in about a week or so to schedule a phone interview. It was a pretty standard interview with a couple questions on skill-level for things like spreadsheets, microsoft word, etc.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to do conditional formatting for spreadsheets   Answer Question