BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

2.9

130 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Rolling Meadows, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about general knowledge of smartphone design, circuit equations, and qualifications on resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Milford, CT).

Interview

I met them at my college career fair. They were recruiting people for their Milford, Connecticut branch. They had a 45 min phone interview where they asked me to type a program in google documents, a basic number to string conversion for the headers in column for microsoft excel, eg A - 1 .. Z - 26, AA - 27 etc.. I did that and they called for an onsite interview. I surprisingly had 3 one to one HR rounds and only 1 technical round (2 interviewers). In the technical round they asked me to code, if given a dictionary as a huge stream (words separated with commas) and a word to search, how would I find it in the stream. According to me all the rounds went fine, so I am guessing my rejection was only based on the fact that I didnt have much mobile programming experience.

Interview Questions

• One question in the phone interview and one in the onsite technical round, but both were easy...   Answer Question

Interview

The recruiter emailed me asking me to schedule 3 half an hour interviews back to back with the Hiring Manager and 2 team leads for a particular team. The 3 interviews went smooth. They discuss mainly about your resume, questions related to the projects mentioned in the resume and few questions related to the job profile you are interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• What kind of bugs can a telecom company like Blackberry face?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for intern position. Fixed salary.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

The interview comprised of two rounds. The first round consisted of a discussion on the resume.The projects I had done as a part of my academic work. I was asked to write a method to count the number of words in a large file, some questions on data structures, breadth first processing

Interview Questions

• What is the time complexity of breadth first search. When you are counting the number of words in a string suppose you store it in a hash table how do you find the word with the maximum length. Is it worth using a hash table?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Sent resume on campus job fair. Got a email notification for a 30-minutes phone interview 3 weeks after that job fair. The phone interview has nothing to do with technical problems. The interviewer first introduce the basic information of their company and their development teams. Then he just asked several questions about the resume. Then, he asked about the biggest coding project you did before.

Interview Questions

• How many classes have you did in your previous project?   Answer Question

Embedded Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Applied on their website, got a call to schedule and interview.

Interview Questions

• Difference between programming on an embedded system and a PC   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

get a phone interview first, then just discuss about your background, some stuffs in your resume, then schedule a technical interview one week later.

Interview Questions

• Are you farmiliar with the IOS, Blackberry OS, or Window OS?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

HR guy got in touch after viewing profile in linkedIn.

Interview

Typical with background check. Must have a lot of info to verify your who you claim to be.

Interview Questions

Interview

6 Interviews. Questions about my prior projects. Technical questions included questions on locks, deadlocks, threads, string manipulations

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable