BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

2.9

135 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an employee so I had a phone interview with an internal recruiter. Then I had one phone interview with the hiring manager followed by a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Lastly, I had another phone interview with another sales manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe my sales methodology. They are looking to understand how you go from uncovering an opportunity to closing it.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of one phone interview and then an in person interview. The phone interview was pretty basic about past experiences, certifications, educations, etc.
    The in person interview was more of a behavioral interview and few technical questions that were tricky and hard. One question consisted of many parts (5-6 parts).

Interview Questions

• Past Experiences and technical components of a computer and troubleshooting questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Mateo, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of the phone interview and in-person interview in the final round, First round was more technical coding related questions and second round was technical more conceptual questions.

Interview Questions

• REST vs SOAP, Inheritance, overloading, Wcf vs Web Api, OAuth Security,   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2017.

Interview

I had the WORST experience ever!I applied online and someone from BlackBerry contacted me about the position. I got a phone interview with their head of design and everything went well. They contacted me next day letting me know that got the job!The starting day supposed to be two months after our conversation and I send them all of my documents SSN number and everything to initiating the background check. They told me it will take 10 days to do the background screening and then I can start on the last Monday of August. After two weeks not hearing from them I contacted them, by the way, you need to send 3 emails and 4 phone calls to somebody get back to you!!!! The hr told me they forgot to start the process they will fix the problem and get back to me! I gave my company the two weeks notice and now after one month nobody even answer my emails and I'm no longer with my previous company!!!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Blackberry? How do you see the company future?   Answer Question

Security Automation Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me for a position. Then, I had two rounds of technical phone screens. The 1st phone screen was about 45 minutes, but the second one was two hours long. Then, I was invited for an onsite interview.

Phone screen interviews were about algorithms and data structure questions. However, the second phone screen asked some questions in security because it was designed two-hour long. The on-site interview mixed the first and second phone screen topics. A few algorithm/data structure questions and one debugging question in C that was to find errors in a given code (on paper). Then, many questions on computer security topics were asked. Some questions were difficult, but many questions were average.

Interview Questions

• Some questions on algorithms, data structure, and computer security.   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Long, Long and...LONG! Might be the biggest waste of my time professionally I have ever experienced in an interview process!! The hiring manager seemed cool and very interested. I had over 7 interviews all 1-2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What didn't they ask me...most questions were no relevant to the position. Seemed like they were trying to convince me that BlackBerry is not an old company.   Answer Question

Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

I was contacted as they had found my resume via Monster.com and was asked a few questions to see if I met the minimum requirements for this role. After two-three weeks I was given a start date and a very comprehensive guide for the first month.

Interview Questions

• Quizzed on technical aptitude such as hardware, software, network related questions - troubleshooting and also performed a written and oral bilingual test.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Ramon, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews prior to offer extended. Very non-competitive offered at first. I negotiated for a much higher amount then the low Offer extended it first.

Interview Questions

• What type of positions did you feel in the past.   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a full-day (9:30am - 6pm) on site behavioral interview with 40 other interviewees. To be honest, I found this format entirely ineffective unless all they are looking for is the most outgoing candidate (which is important for sales, but just because you're outgoing doesn't mean you will be good at sales, and doesn't mean you have the skills to advance in the company). But most importantly, Blackberry's sales leaders did hardly ANY selling of why we should want to work for them. I spent a total of 10 minutes talking to actual decision-makers. In the end, I found myself in the group not offered a position alongside some other candidates I was convinced would get an offer. Whole day was a pretty big waste and proved I would not be happy with a position at Blackberry anyway.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to shift from your current role into sales?   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Unconventional Interviewing format in which a bunch of people just interviewed on the same day. I found it to be ineffective, and frankly took too much time. Overall unless you really want a job with Blackberry, not worth the 12 hour commitment.