BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.9

Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

I was contacted as they had found my resume via Monster.com and was asked a few questions to see if I met the minimum requirements for this role. After two-three weeks I was given a start date and a very comprehensive guide for the first month.

Interview Questions

• Quizzed on technical aptitude such as hardware, software, network related questions - troubleshooting and also performed a written and oral bilingual test.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Ramon, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews prior to offer extended. Very non-competitive offered at first. I negotiated for a much higher amount then the low Offer extended it first.

Interview Questions

• What type of positions did you feel in the past.   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a full-day (9:30am - 6pm) on site behavioral interview with 40 other interviewees. To be honest, I found this format entirely ineffective unless all they are looking for is the most outgoing candidate (which is important for sales, but just because you're outgoing doesn't mean you will be good at sales, and doesn't mean you have the skills to advance in the company). But most importantly, Blackberry's sales leaders did hardly ANY selling of why we should want to work for them. I spent a total of 10 minutes talking to actual decision-makers. In the end, I found myself in the group not offered a position alongside some other candidates I was convinced would get an offer. Whole day was a pretty big waste and proved I would not be happy with a position at Blackberry anyway.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to shift from your current role into sales?   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Unconventional Interviewing format in which a bunch of people just interviewed on the same day. I found it to be ineffective, and frankly took too much time. Overall unless you really want a job with Blackberry, not worth the 12 hour commitment.

Enterprise Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

I answered "Declined," as the offer would've come if I'd been willing to "play ball." See below.

Began process with unsolicited outreach from 3rd party recruiter. Followed by a call with the hiring manager, then lunch with same, an hour long call with his boss, another hour-long call with his boss' boss, as well as a call with the sales engineer (a team compatibility check). I had to fill out a fairly draconian application with 15 years of job history, complete with manager names and compensation. They called 3 past managers for references, and then they asked for W-2's and/or paystubs. When I refused, the process ended. The fact is no employer ever needs your W-2's. They want it for comp negotiation, and any other reason is ethically bankrupt deception. An offer was right behind W-2's and a background check, but personal privacy wasn't something I was willing to sacrifice.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a complex deal you won and how you won it.
      What did you learn from a specific loss?
      Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Ramon, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The job title and the description did not match. I was actually interviewed for the role of Technical support engineer but the job title said Technical Support Representative. So basically I was interviewed for Tier 2, 3 support. The job description also did not give a proper description on what I should prepare. I being a Computer Engineering student, attended the interview after preparation on basic SQL, Network concepts and server concepts. To my imagination and belief, I was interviewed on Technical stuff. And the Director incharge of my interview process apologised for the job description.
    The job description did not demand an experienced candidate but I was refused to be hired in spite of performing well owing to lack of experience.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Upon submitting an application, received a call from the Global Talent Acquisition Manager. Went through the initial phone interview and set up an interview with 2 team members of the Blackberry Inside Sales Team.
    Upon arrival in the Midtown office, I was greeted by two very young members of Blackberry's Inside Sales Team. The first team member roughly went over the position, day-to-day tasks, benefits and the perks of working for Blackberry. Shortly thereafter began the questions regarding my experience, why I want to work for Blackberry, and what sets me apart from every other candidate. Through a series of my own questions, the main interviewer provided a set of unrealistic expectations for the ideal candidate - such as fulfilling their quota with little to no training and cutting out their existing channel partners.
    After the interview was completed, I walked away feeling fairly confident the interview went well. All things considered I am glad, I was not presented with an offer that I would have ultimately rejected.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with "Smiling-and-Dialing"?   Answer Question
    • We are currently losing a lot of margin to the channel, how would you help us recover lost margins?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work with Blackberry?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize opportunities? Which is a higher priority: a customer issue or an high margin opportunity?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mountain View, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Long wait for initial response, but good experience with hiring manager. Following up meetings with other PMs and Engineering. Had to do a sample presentation to executive. Met total of 7 people before offer.

IOT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

Interview

The whole interview process was very good, questions were to the point and very informative.The whole interview was technical, UMTS, GSM architecture, call flows, RF. There was a telephonic interview followed by a onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• The whole interview was technical, UMTS, GSM architecture, call flows, RF   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Three easy interviews, one with BlackBerry's recruiter, two with the VP who was doing the hiring. Basic sales questions: deals you worked, how you would present BlackBerry's products, challenging customer situations, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a customer you worked with that you would sell BlackBerry products to.   1 Answer