BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.8

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a full-day (9:30am - 6pm) on site behavioral interview with 40 other interviewees. To be honest, I found this format entirely ineffective unless all they are looking for is the most outgoing candidate (which is important for sales, but just because you're outgoing doesn't mean you will be good at sales, and doesn't mean you have the skills to advance in the company). But most importantly, Blackberry's sales leaders did hardly ANY selling of why we should want to work for them. I spent a total of 10 minutes talking to actual decision-makers. In the end, I found myself in the group not offered a position alongside some other candidates I was convinced would get an offer. Whole day was a pretty big waste and proved I would not be happy with a position at Blackberry anyway.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to shift from your current role into sales?   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Unconventional Interviewing format in which a bunch of people just interviewed on the same day. I found it to be ineffective, and frankly took too much time. Overall unless you really want a job with Blackberry, not worth the 12 hour commitment.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Ramon, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The job title and the description did not match. I was actually interviewed for the role of Technical support engineer but the job title said Technical Support Representative. So basically I was interviewed for Tier 2, 3 support. The job description also did not give a proper description on what I should prepare. I being a Computer Engineering student, attended the interview after preparation on basic SQL, Network concepts and server concepts. To my imagination and belief, I was interviewed on Technical stuff. And the Director incharge of my interview process apologised for the job description.
    The job description did not demand an experienced candidate but I was refused to be hired in spite of performing well owing to lack of experience.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Upon submitting an application, received a call from the Global Talent Acquisition Manager. Went through the initial phone interview and set up an interview with 2 team members of the Blackberry Inside Sales Team.
    Upon arrival in the Midtown office, I was greeted by two very young members of Blackberry's Inside Sales Team. The first team member roughly went over the position, day-to-day tasks, benefits and the perks of working for Blackberry. Shortly thereafter began the questions regarding my experience, why I want to work for Blackberry, and what sets me apart from every other candidate. Through a series of my own questions, the main interviewer provided a set of unrealistic expectations for the ideal candidate - such as fulfilling their quota with little to no training and cutting out their existing channel partners.
    After the interview was completed, I walked away feeling fairly confident the interview went well. All things considered I am glad, I was not presented with an offer that I would have ultimately rejected.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with "Smiling-and-Dialing"?   Answer Question
    • We are currently losing a lot of margin to the channel, how would you help us recover lost margins?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work with Blackberry?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize opportunities? Which is a higher priority: a customer issue or an high margin opportunity?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was a conference call with the entire development team (4 people) and manager. It was a 30 minute long interview and was primarily behavioral , they also asked me about the projects i had done. I got reply after 6 weeks

Interview Questions

• What projects did you work on? Why do you want to work for us? and other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Hiring manager was rude, condescending and seemed a little bothered that he had to have a call with me. I found him to be 'phishing' for competitive info vs discussing what the role was about and how my skills would be applicable to the company's objetives. Probably the worst interview I ever had. Based on this leadership I wouldn't recommend this company for employment. I don't know what I was thinking when I applied, I was hopeful it would be interesting but based off my first conversation, I can see why Blackberry scraped the bottom of the barrel to have this guy running their company

AP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Mateo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very odd and not convenient. I interviewed with four people *separately* for about 20 minutes each. It was confusing when each interview started what their names were, what there title was and how they related to the position I was interviewing for. Most interview questions overlapped, so I repeated about 50% of the same question/answer to most of them. I've interviewed many, many times. I've had 7 person group interviews and once I did have 3 people interview me separately but one of them was HR so it made sense. At the end of the interview it was clear they didn't ever intend to hire me because I had to reschedule the interview from the previous day because I had surgery that morning and my voice was very hoarse. I feel like they just interviewed me to make the temp agency happy but it ended up being a huge waste of my time. They also mentioned I didn't have enough full cycle experience although it wasn't mentioned in the job description. They also had reclassied the position from a financial analyst to AP spec due to a lack of funds, yet they had the same expectations.

Interview Questions

• How would you fit into this atmosphere?   1 Answer

Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they got back to me in about a week or so to schedule a phone interview. It was a pretty standard interview with a couple questions on skill-level for things like spreadsheets, microsoft word, etc.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to do conditional formatting for spreadsheets   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

complete joke. had no official interview. spent the majority of the time sitting around in a room with a bunch of people. had to give a 3 minute presentation that meant nothing. we decided who got hired.

Mobile Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

phone interview about 25 minutes. First the employer described the company and position. Then he asked me about one of my mobile projects on the resume. Then some follow up about the project. At last, he asked me if I have used some tools like git.