BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

2.8

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Arlington, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an outside recruiter very early in November. She set up a phone interview with the internal recruiter. Two weeks later I was set up for a call with the hiring manager, and it continued that over the next two months I interviewed with two members of his team via phone and then the Lead over the Product Marketing group in person (at a Starbucks for 30 minutes) and then a 30-minute cal with the CMO. All of these interviews concluded the week before Christmas at which time the recruiter told me that I was one of two final candidates and an offer would not be made until after the new year. So three weeks go by and radio silence. Not even a touch base call before the holiday. January 3rd I emailed the internal recruiter and asked about status. She said nothing had changed and she had no new information.

I was frustrated and was also interviewing with two other companies, so if they were interested I needed to know. I was also frustrated as it appeared that they were going to make a decision without my ever meeting my would-be boss in Dallas. The other company that I was interviewing with indicated I would receive an offer in the next couple of days. I emailed blackberry, both the internal recruiter and the guy who would be my boss in Dallas and let them know and still. No mention of serious interest or even an upcoming offer so I took the other offer and let them know I was no longer interested. The crazy thing is that I was later told by my recruiter that I was their #1 candidate and they were going to make an offer in a few weeks. Too bad that they didn’t even make me feel like they were interested or I would have tried to stall. Overall I think I made the right decision. I would want to meet my would-be boss. And if their hiring processes are anything like their internal marketing processes, no wonder they are having a hard time building positive momentum and having high turnover.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the nature of your relationship with sales organizations with your past employers   1 Answer

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (McLean, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Disjointed. I had a scheduled 2pm call. They called my at 2;43pm. I had a scheduled face to face meeting scheduled for Wednesday. They called me 30 minutes before to reschedule for the next day. I was told in late August a had a verbal and they wanted me to start on October 1st. Then, they called me on September 8th saying the particular hiring manager had no req openings. Then, circa September 28th, they wanted me to complete the background check, si I can get in the October 14th training class. Back check completed, passed, now more radio silence. I had to call recruiting to see my status, They told me they are in a holding pattern. What a gong show !

Interview Questions

• Unsurprisingly, what did you W2.   1 Answer

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Ramon, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Group Interview with a group of 14 candidates. interview with 2 current employees. 1 recruiter and 1 Manager. Segment the candidates and have a quick 10-15 interview and then a 3 minute presentation on why you should be hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with our former competitor and hp   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Mateo, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of the phone interview and in-person interview in the final round, First round was more technical coding related questions and second round was technical more conceptual questions.

Interview Questions

• REST vs SOAP, Inheritance, overloading, Wcf vs Web Api, OAuth Security,   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a full-day (9:30am - 6pm) on site behavioral interview with 40 other interviewees. To be honest, I found this format entirely ineffective unless all they are looking for is the most outgoing candidate (which is important for sales, but just because you're outgoing doesn't mean you will be good at sales, and doesn't mean you have the skills to advance in the company). But most importantly, Blackberry's sales leaders did hardly ANY selling of why we should want to work for them. I spent a total of 10 minutes talking to actual decision-makers. In the end, I found myself in the group not offered a position alongside some other candidates I was convinced would get an offer. Whole day was a pretty big waste and proved I would not be happy with a position at Blackberry anyway.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to shift from your current role into sales?   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Unconventional Interviewing format in which a bunch of people just interviewed on the same day. I found it to be ineffective, and frankly took too much time. Overall unless you really want a job with Blackberry, not worth the 12 hour commitment.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Ramon, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The job title and the description did not match. I was actually interviewed for the role of Technical support engineer but the job title said Technical Support Representative. So basically I was interviewed for Tier 2, 3 support. The job description also did not give a proper description on what I should prepare. I being a Computer Engineering student, attended the interview after preparation on basic SQL, Network concepts and server concepts. To my imagination and belief, I was interviewed on Technical stuff. And the Director incharge of my interview process apologised for the job description.
    The job description did not demand an experienced candidate but I was refused to be hired in spite of performing well owing to lack of experience.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Upon submitting an application, received a call from the Global Talent Acquisition Manager. Went through the initial phone interview and set up an interview with 2 team members of the Blackberry Inside Sales Team.
    Upon arrival in the Midtown office, I was greeted by two very young members of Blackberry's Inside Sales Team. The first team member roughly went over the position, day-to-day tasks, benefits and the perks of working for Blackberry. Shortly thereafter began the questions regarding my experience, why I want to work for Blackberry, and what sets me apart from every other candidate. Through a series of my own questions, the main interviewer provided a set of unrealistic expectations for the ideal candidate - such as fulfilling their quota with little to no training and cutting out their existing channel partners.
    After the interview was completed, I walked away feeling fairly confident the interview went well. All things considered I am glad, I was not presented with an offer that I would have ultimately rejected.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with "Smiling-and-Dialing"?   Answer Question
    • We are currently losing a lot of margin to the channel, how would you help us recover lost margins?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work with Blackberry?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize opportunities? Which is a higher priority: a customer issue or an high margin opportunity?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was a conference call with the entire development team (4 people) and manager. It was a 30 minute long interview and was primarily behavioral , they also asked me about the projects i had done. I got reply after 6 weeks

Interview Questions

• What projects did you work on? Why do you want to work for us? and other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Hiring manager was rude, condescending and seemed a little bothered that he had to have a call with me. I found him to be 'phishing' for competitive info vs discussing what the role was about and how my skills would be applicable to the company's objetives. Probably the worst interview I ever had. Based on this leadership I wouldn't recommend this company for employment. I don't know what I was thinking when I applied, I was hopeful it would be interesting but based off my first conversation, I can see why Blackberry scraped the bottom of the barrel to have this guy running their company