BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

2.9

130 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Raleigh, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

Mostly technical questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate much

Software Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

HR interview, general questions about current position, salary, willing to be relocated
    Technical interview including verbally IQ tests, QA in detail, cell phone's behavior (data), IOT

Interview Questions

• There was not any unexpected question. Each question was in reference to job description   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2012.

Interview

Phone screening followed by on site interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Can negotiate

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

They called my phone and asked a coup,e of questions regarding experiences in software testing.

OS Embedded Developer, Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Apply on the RIM website. There will be screening interview by the HR. Manager will call you for the technical interview after that. It lasted only around 40 min's for me. He asked me coursework and project experience related to embedded systems and C programming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. For internships it is a fixed salary.

Power Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Rolling Meadows, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty smooth. You need to be very clear aboutt he basics of your field. Usually the interviewers are pretty knowledgeable about the subject so dont try to fake it.

Also be prepared to solve some riddles in the end of the interview. Also be prepared to answer questions related to blackberry.

Interview Questions

• None. Did not expect to solve riddles//puzzles in the end.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Miami, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Got a mail regarding the position and when it was possible to take the interview. After a date was fixed, had a call interview for 45 mins. Initially briefed about the company and the department followed by asking personal experiences and some technical question.

Java Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Raleigh, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Basic questions of Java, difference between Hash Map and a Hash Table, refer stack overflow for details
    what sort of projects i have worked on How is scheduling done at Network Layer, then i was to rate their product in comparison to other smart phones
    Synchronization questions and how does java implement synchronization (answer is monitors) and some about data structures

Interview Questions

• Does Hash Table allow null values   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in November 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty cut and dried. Interviewed with team members, peers, management. Interviews consisted of phone calls, one - on -one meetings, presentations, a trip to Waterloo to meet management. Very thorough...

Interview Questions

• Describe an technical architectural overview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate a higher salary than originally offered.

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in November 2009.

Interview

I was screened on campus with a preliminary 30 minute interview. Days later I was asked to an on site interview at the Sunrise location. The company only pays for gas spent and NOT mileage driven which I found disappointing. However they did offer to provide a shuttle, rental car, or possible airplane ticket depending on your location.

They provided a room at a nearby hotel the night prior to the interview.

The on site interview was all together 4 hours with 6 different interviewers at approx 30 minutes each. This was a pretty technical interview ranging from basic circuit knowledge to FFT graphs. After the interview they took me to lunch and we parted ways.

Interview Questions

• Construct an XOR gate using NAND gates   1 Answer
    • What happens to capacitors at DC conditions?   1 Answer
    • Draw the FFT of a sawtooth wave.   1 Answer
    • How to find the current in a resistor?   1 Answer
    • If you're a recent grad expect A LOT of questions on your senior design project   1 Answer