BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.9

135 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Enterprise Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

I answered "Declined," as the offer would've come if I'd been willing to "play ball." See below.

Began process with unsolicited outreach from 3rd party recruiter. Followed by a call with the hiring manager, then lunch with same, an hour long call with his boss, another hour-long call with his boss' boss, as well as a call with the sales engineer (a team compatibility check). I had to fill out a fairly draconian application with 15 years of job history, complete with manager names and compensation. They called 3 past managers for references, and then they asked for W-2's and/or paystubs. When I refused, the process ended. The fact is no employer ever needs your W-2's. They want it for comp negotiation, and any other reason is ethically bankrupt deception. An offer was right behind W-2's and a background check, but personal privacy wasn't something I was willing to sacrifice.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a complex deal you won and how you won it.
      What did you learn from a specific loss?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Ramon, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The job title and the description did not match. I was actually interviewed for the role of Technical support engineer but the job title said Technical Support Representative. So basically I was interviewed for Tier 2, 3 support. The job description also did not give a proper description on what I should prepare. I being a Computer Engineering student, attended the interview after preparation on basic SQL, Network concepts and server concepts. To my imagination and belief, I was interviewed on Technical stuff. And the Director incharge of my interview process apologised for the job description.
    The job description did not demand an experienced candidate but I was refused to be hired in spite of performing well owing to lack of experience.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Upon submitting an application, received a call from the Global Talent Acquisition Manager. Went through the initial phone interview and set up an interview with 2 team members of the Blackberry Inside Sales Team.
    Upon arrival in the Midtown office, I was greeted by two very young members of Blackberry's Inside Sales Team. The first team member roughly went over the position, day-to-day tasks, benefits and the perks of working for Blackberry. Shortly thereafter began the questions regarding my experience, why I want to work for Blackberry, and what sets me apart from every other candidate. Through a series of my own questions, the main interviewer provided a set of unrealistic expectations for the ideal candidate - such as fulfilling their quota with little to no training and cutting out their existing channel partners.
    After the interview was completed, I walked away feeling fairly confident the interview went well. All things considered I am glad, I was not presented with an offer that I would have ultimately rejected.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with "Smiling-and-Dialing"?   Answer Question
    • We are currently losing a lot of margin to the channel, how would you help us recover lost margins?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work with Blackberry?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize opportunities? Which is a higher priority: a customer issue or an high margin opportunity?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mountain View, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Long wait for initial response, but good experience with hiring manager. Following up meetings with other PMs and Engineering. Had to do a sample presentation to executive. Met total of 7 people before offer.

IOT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

Interview

The whole interview process was very good, questions were to the point and very informative.The whole interview was technical, UMTS, GSM architecture, call flows, RF. There was a telephonic interview followed by a onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• The whole interview was technical, UMTS, GSM architecture, call flows, RF   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Three easy interviews, one with BlackBerry's recruiter, two with the VP who was doing the hiring. Basic sales questions: deals you worked, how you would present BlackBerry's products, challenging customer situations, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a customer you worked with that you would sell BlackBerry products to.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone and In Person interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was a conference call with the entire development team (4 people) and manager. It was a 30 minute long interview and was primarily behavioral , they also asked me about the projects i had done. I got reply after 6 weeks

Interview Questions

• What projects did you work on? Why do you want to work for us? and other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2015.

Interview

Had one phone interview with the two senior managers. based mostly on projects and courses i had taken. Was given test scenarios like what will you do if your phone is not working? What all steps and issues could you think of?
    Interview lasted for an hour and the manager was pretty good. Kinda made the whole process stress free.

Interview Questions

• Was given test scenarios like what will you do if your phone is not working? What all steps and issues could you think of?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

HR Screening. I obtained a phone call from the human resources department and was asked a number of generic questions about my education, experience and knowledge of regular computer applications/software.
    Manager phone call of one hour. He asked me more specific questions on the software I used and the projects I worked on.
    In-house interview with hiring manager. More in-depth questions on my project management experience.
    Team interview. A little more relaxed but the employees threw a couple of questions from time to time about my experience and challenges working in a team environment.
    Final interview with Director and VP. They just wanted to see how I managed myself with more senior managers and to see if they had a favorable opinion about my potential contributions if added to the team

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you went over and above of what was expected of you?
      Tell me of an instance when you had a conflict with a customer and how did you handle?
      How do you prepare for an important executive presentation (steps)?
      Walk me through the steps you go when beginning to work on a new project?
      What specific sections of a Business Requirements document do you provide more input to?
      How do you validate schedules and budgets?
      How do you handle a situation where a co-worker did not deliver what he/she promised?
      Give me an example where you failed at some project?
      How do you begin your day?
      Tell me about the steps you go through to work with remote/virtual employees?
      What challenges do you find when working with external vendors/contractors?
      How much percent are you prepared to travel?
      Give me examples of the enterprise software that you have worked with.
      What project management tools have you worked with?
      Do you have experience working with MS Project and Visio?   Answer Question

Negotiation

All salary ranges are already specified. They gave me a good offer which I accepted.