BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.9

Field Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2015.

Interview

Had one phone interview with the two senior managers. based mostly on projects and courses i had taken. Was given test scenarios like what will you do if your phone is not working? What all steps and issues could you think of?
    Interview lasted for an hour and the manager was pretty good. Kinda made the whole process stress free.

Interview Questions

• Was given test scenarios like what will you do if your phone is not working? What all steps and issues could you think of?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

HR Screening. I obtained a phone call from the human resources department and was asked a number of generic questions about my education, experience and knowledge of regular computer applications/software.
    Manager phone call of one hour. He asked me more specific questions on the software I used and the projects I worked on.
    In-house interview with hiring manager. More in-depth questions on my project management experience.
    Team interview. A little more relaxed but the employees threw a couple of questions from time to time about my experience and challenges working in a team environment.
    Final interview with Director and VP. They just wanted to see how I managed myself with more senior managers and to see if they had a favorable opinion about my potential contributions if added to the team

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you went over and above of what was expected of you?
      Tell me of an instance when you had a conflict with a customer and how did you handle?
      How do you prepare for an important executive presentation (steps)?
      Walk me through the steps you go when beginning to work on a new project?
      What specific sections of a Business Requirements document do you provide more input to?
      How do you validate schedules and budgets?
      How do you handle a situation where a co-worker did not deliver what he/she promised?
      Give me an example where you failed at some project?
      How do you begin your day?
      Tell me about the steps you go through to work with remote/virtual employees?
      What challenges do you find when working with external vendors/contractors?
      How much percent are you prepared to travel?
      Give me examples of the enterprise software that you have worked with.
      What project management tools have you worked with?
      Do you have experience working with MS Project and Visio?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

All salary ranges are already specified. They gave me a good offer which I accepted.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Hiring manager was rude, condescending and seemed a little bothered that he had to have a call with me. I found him to be 'phishing' for competitive info vs discussing what the role was about and how my skills would be applicable to the company's objetives. Probably the worst interview I ever had. Based on this leadership I wouldn't recommend this company for employment. I don't know what I was thinking when I applied, I was hopeful it would be interesting but based off my first conversation, I can see why Blackberry scraped the bottom of the barrel to have this guy running their company

AP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Mateo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very odd and not convenient. I interviewed with four people *separately* for about 20 minutes each. It was confusing when each interview started what their names were, what there title was and how they related to the position I was interviewing for. Most interview questions overlapped, so I repeated about 50% of the same question/answer to most of them. I've interviewed many, many times. I've had 7 person group interviews and once I did have 3 people interview me separately but one of them was HR so it made sense. At the end of the interview it was clear they didn't ever intend to hire me because I had to reschedule the interview from the previous day because I had surgery that morning and my voice was very hoarse. I feel like they just interviewed me to make the temp agency happy but it ended up being a huge waste of my time. They also mentioned I didn't have enough full cycle experience although it wasn't mentioned in the job description. They also had reclassied the position from a financial analyst to AP spec due to a lack of funds, yet they had the same expectations.

Interview Questions

• How would you fit into this atmosphere?   1 Answer

Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they got back to me in about a week or so to schedule a phone interview. It was a pretty standard interview with a couple questions on skill-level for things like spreadsheets, microsoft word, etc.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to do conditional formatting for spreadsheets   Answer Question

Firmware Development Student Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Gainesville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a single Telephonic Interview with my Manager and Sr. Manager. I got selected on the basis on my Telephonic Interview and I came to know that after 1-2 weeks, then my background check started and this process took a long time(3-4 weeks). Finally I got my offer letter after 5-6 weeks from the date of Interview.

The interview was not that difficult. If you know what's on your resume and you can justify it during your Interview then you are in. :)

Interview Questions

• 1. C/C++ experience and some basic conceptual questions on them.
      2. Master's Degree Project
      3. Bachelor's Degree Project
      4. Previous Intern Experience
      5. Difference between C/C++/Java
      Answer Question

Negotiation

It was internship, so there was nothing much to negotiate. I was happy with the base pay provided by the company which was more than I expected initially.

Enterprise Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Had initial contact on the phone. Two quick interviews with HR. Then an onsite interview at the Sunrise office with three interviewer at the same time. One in Spanish and two in English.

Interview Questions

• Situation questions, about how to react with angry customer, how to help co-worker that are stuck with a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with manager and team lead and the director in the phone. Questions about testing and analysis. About previous projects and software life cycle. Really cool laid back people. The interview lasted 40 mins or so which also included their roles description. As I left another person was coming in to interview.

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

1 round phonic interview and 5 rounds of in person interview with the team members and hiring manager. Mostly based on projects done and related to work experience. Then took a month for background check.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Mostly Linux, Unix, Software Testing basics, Java Basics, behavioral questions, mobile testing experience, SDLC, Testing Tools and Automation experience, blackberry testing experience, willing to travel, future plans and where do you see yourself in 5 years

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your mobile testing experience?   1 Answer