BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.9

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Three easy interviews, one with BlackBerry's recruiter, two with the VP who was doing the hiring. Basic sales questions: deals you worked, how you would present BlackBerry's products, challenging customer situations, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a customer you worked with that you would sell BlackBerry products to.   1 Answer

Mobile Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

phone interview about 25 minutes. First the employer described the company and position. Then he asked me about one of my mobile projects on the resume. Then some follow up about the project. At last, he asked me if I have used some tools like git.

Senior Applications Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Cary, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied via the job portal of my university. I was promptly contacted by the Manager who was looking to hire for his team. He scheduled a phone interview with a senior developer on his team. It was a typical one hour phone screening interview. The senior developer started off by giving me a brief description of the nature of the work then moved over to the languages I could code in and finally onto a brief description of a project that I felt was most relevant to that discussion. This lead to an onsite interview with a developer, a team lead, a manager, a director and a VP. This lasted for about four hours.

The folks over at BB are very nice and treat you with respect and through professionalism. During the onsite interviews the manager gave a brief introduction of the team, the position and expectations from the new hire. This was followed by a technical interview by one of the developers on the team. He quizzed me on basic questions like sorting an input file and designing an efficient solution for implementing a contacts search for a phone; the kind that starts prompting you names based on the characters/numbers you have enter into the search field. I met with the team lead after this interview. He discussed relevant projects and work experience (internship and CoOp in my case. I had developed desktop applications in VB .Net for a Factory Automation team in the semiconductor industry.) and project work (focusing on experience following SW Dev/Engineering practices and models, conflict resolution, requirements gathering and documentation for long term support). This round was followed by a meeting with the VP. I feel he tried to gauge my expectations from the job, ambitions in my professional life and the general direction in which I wanted my career to grow. The last round was to analyze my critical thinking involving a puzzle/brain teaser. I am sure the problem he posed had no solution. This one made me nervous.

BB takes about 2 weeks to ponder over your interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a smartphone would boot up?
      When do you think all the drivers would be loaded?
      Answer Question
    • Given an input file of characters produce an output file that is sorted (English alphabet considered for the sake of simplicity. The o/p would look like: all the a's then all the A's then the b's then B's ....) State the data structures that'd be used, the reason for using them and the time complexity of the solution.   Answer Question
    • Design a contacts search for a phone. The solution should prompt you with all the contacts that'd match the characters keyed into the search box.
      Eg: For a contacts list having Adam, Alex and Arby's, keying in A should suggest Adam, Alex, Arby's while keying in Ad should suggest only Adam.
      State and explain the choice of data structures and explain the time complexity of the solution.
      Answer Question
    • How does process scheduling work?
      How does the OS know that it's time to run the scheduler?
      What is a deadlock?
      When does a deadlock occur?
      What is priority inversion?
      What is a possible way of solving the problem of priority inversion?
      Answer Question
    • How did you gather the requirements for the applications that you developed during your internship?
      How did you ascertain if what you understood matched what the customer asked for?
      (did you and the customer sign off on a req doc?)
      How did you make sure that what you were developing was stable and matched user expectations? (did you prototype and unit test? how?)

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2015.

Interview

Briefly spoke about some personal questions and they asked me some legalese type things about my employment eligibility. No coding interviews on this one as it seemed to be more of a first screen, however I have been contacted again for a phone interview. No coding questions got asked but I imagine that will come later.

Sales Director - T-Mobile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Bellevue, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Great company. Great people. Great products! Interviewed with SVP of Carrier Sales who was very professional, informative and gracious. Great introduction to BB culture,dynamics and overall expectations. Highly recommend BB if you're interested in joining a great company.

Interview Questions

Interview

Find the job through school co-op website. apply for it. wait the response for like 3 months. interview though phone. the interview took me about 30 minutes. no warm-up questions. the interview started with a "tell me about yourself" questions. The interviewee sounded so bored with my answers. He asked many repeated questions about my past work experience.

Interview Questions

• what is the most stressful thing in your past work experience?   Answer Question

Firmware Development Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Gainesville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

I do not remember applying to the interview but received a call. Very simple interview and was given the offer on the same day. The interviewer mentioned the topics I will be interviewed on and I prepared for those. Reading the first few search results on google about the topics should suffice.

Interview Questions

• Basics of C, debugging techniques and basics of testing   Answer Question

Enterprise Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Had initial contact on the phone. Two quick interviews with HR. Then an onsite interview at the Sunrise office with three interviewer at the same time. One in Spanish and two in English.

Interview Questions

• Situation questions, about how to react with angry customer, how to help co-worker that are stuck with a customer.   Answer Question

Software Developer, Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Initial communications began at the university careers fair, followed up with a phone call from Blackberry in Bellevue, WA. Interview was scheduled in the following week, for a summer internship position that would begin a few months after the screening process. There were also the usual series of background checks, but those were carried out after the interview process ended.

Interview Questions

• Immediately write code with a sharpie without any points for reference, timed under 5 minutes. There was a simple scenario given, but it did not matter that much in reality.   Answer Question

Interview

6 Interviews. Questions about my prior projects. Technical questions included questions on locks, deadlocks, threads, string manipulations

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable