BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.9

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Ramon, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews prior to offer extended. Very non-competitive offered at first. I negotiated for a much higher amount then the low Offer extended it first.

Interview Questions

• What type of positions did you feel in the past.   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a full-day (9:30am - 6pm) on site behavioral interview with 40 other interviewees. To be honest, I found this format entirely ineffective unless all they are looking for is the most outgoing candidate (which is important for sales, but just because you're outgoing doesn't mean you will be good at sales, and doesn't mean you have the skills to advance in the company). But most importantly, Blackberry's sales leaders did hardly ANY selling of why we should want to work for them. I spent a total of 10 minutes talking to actual decision-makers. In the end, I found myself in the group not offered a position alongside some other candidates I was convinced would get an offer. Whole day was a pretty big waste and proved I would not be happy with a position at Blackberry anyway.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to shift from your current role into sales?   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Unconventional Interviewing format in which a bunch of people just interviewed on the same day. I found it to be ineffective, and frankly took too much time. Overall unless you really want a job with Blackberry, not worth the 12 hour commitment.

Enterprise Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

I answered "Declined," as the offer would've come if I'd been willing to "play ball." See below.

Began process with unsolicited outreach from 3rd party recruiter. Followed by a call with the hiring manager, then lunch with same, an hour long call with his boss, another hour-long call with his boss' boss, as well as a call with the sales engineer (a team compatibility check). I had to fill out a fairly draconian application with 15 years of job history, complete with manager names and compensation. They called 3 past managers for references, and then they asked for W-2's and/or paystubs. When I refused, the process ended. The fact is no employer ever needs your W-2's. They want it for comp negotiation, and any other reason is ethically bankrupt deception. An offer was right behind W-2's and a background check, but personal privacy wasn't something I was willing to sacrifice.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a complex deal you won and how you won it.
      What did you learn from a specific loss?
      Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mountain View, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Long wait for initial response, but good experience with hiring manager. Following up meetings with other PMs and Engineering. Had to do a sample presentation to executive. Met total of 7 people before offer.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Three easy interviews, one with BlackBerry's recruiter, two with the VP who was doing the hiring. Basic sales questions: deals you worked, how you would present BlackBerry's products, challenging customer situations, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a customer you worked with that you would sell BlackBerry products to.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone and In Person interview

Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they got back to me in about a week or so to schedule a phone interview. It was a pretty standard interview with a couple questions on skill-level for things like spreadsheets, microsoft word, etc.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to do conditional formatting for spreadsheets   Answer Question

Firmware Development Student Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Gainesville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a single Telephonic Interview with my Manager and Sr. Manager. I got selected on the basis on my Telephonic Interview and I came to know that after 1-2 weeks, then my background check started and this process took a long time(3-4 weeks). Finally I got my offer letter after 5-6 weeks from the date of Interview.

The interview was not that difficult. If you know what's on your resume and you can justify it during your Interview then you are in. :)

Interview Questions

• 1. C/C++ experience and some basic conceptual questions on them.
      2. Master's Degree Project
      3. Bachelor's Degree Project
      4. Previous Intern Experience
      5. Difference between C/C++/Java
      Answer Question

Negotiation

It was internship, so there was nothing much to negotiate. I was happy with the base pay provided by the company which was more than I expected initially.

Enterprise Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Had initial contact on the phone. Two quick interviews with HR. Then an onsite interview at the Sunrise office with three interviewer at the same time. One in Spanish and two in English.

Interview Questions

• Situation questions, about how to react with angry customer, how to help co-worker that are stuck with a customer.   Answer Question