BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.9

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Management has changed, so processes and techniques have also changed from 5 years ago. At the time, the process involved screen calls with recruiter, phone meeting with immediate manager, and then lengthy (2-3 hour) interview with the same manager.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of customer base. How you'd approach the position (or a situation).   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Just 30 mins interview with the Architect and Manager of the team. Difference between C++ and Java. Projects I have worked on and other behavioural questions like
    1. Conflicts in your team How do you resolve
    2.Why this position
    3. why Blackberry
    4.Why Software

Firmware Development Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Gainesville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

I do not remember applying to the interview but received a call. Very simple interview and was given the offer on the same day. The interviewer mentioned the topics I will be interviewed on and I prepared for those. Reading the first few search results on google about the topics should suffice.

Interview Questions

• Basics of C, debugging techniques and basics of testing   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

It was good. The people were great. Friendly, joined as intern and then full time, memorable experience. Easy smooth flow for interview structure. Learnt a lot, well organized, Past experience was asked

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Cary, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

I was called on site for an interview with my test team lead, manager, and another team lead from a different department. There was only one interview and it was behavioral.

Core Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied via my university career fair. A week later I was selected for a phone screen. That was followed by 6 onsite technical interviews. The process was smooth and got the offer a day later.

Interview Questions

• The questions were straightforward. Find anagrams, design question, a general riddle. They provided me with hints whenever I was stuck.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

complete joke. had no official interview. spent the majority of the time sitting around in a room with a bunch of people. had to give a 3 minute presentation that meant nothing. we decided who got hired.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2015.

Interview

Initially received an email from the HR to confirm certain details regarding the position and the interview . Then, had a technical phone interview with the team manager. Questions were mainly based on resume, projects worked on( wireless technologies), previous work experience if any.Some basic mobile testing related questions were also asked. I came to know the results in a week and this was followed by background verification after which I received my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging task you completed during your previous job?   1 Answer

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I knew someone at the company but I still started with the internal recruiter screening to start, then I had a phone interview with hiring manager this led to an in person interview with hiring manager and finally an in person interview with head of sales. The process could have been faster but all in all I felt it was a fair interview process, not too stressful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a lot of negotiation. It was a fair offer based on my last job and my experience.

DART Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Met with two people that asked technical questions about general technical knowledge. They asked standard management questions about how you would handle difficult situation. Tell us about your strengths and weaknesses.