BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.9

Software Validation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Very logical and reasoned process. After phone screen by hiring manager, I was called in for a formal interview by the Development team lead. When I arrived, I found 3 separate team leads and a senior manager. Each had excellent interviewing skills, asking difficult questions pertaining to the position. The questions became more detailed as they attempted to find my technical limits. However, the interview was still concluded within one hour.

Interview Questions

• A question regarding my stance of the balance of product deadlines vs product quality.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was simple, I accepted the first offer as it was handsome and slightly higher than expected.

Radio Software Integration - Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

I was emailed about the interview with the scheduled date and time. The phone interview lasted one hour. I was asked questions from everything on my resume. The questions were technical as well as behavorial. Two days later the HR called to inform me I got the internship.

Interview Questions

• Explain what happens from the time the WiFi adapter is switched on to the moment connection is established. Although I know the answer now, I was not thorough at the time I took the interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

Interview

For interns you submit a resume, transcript online. If you are selected then Phone-Interview of 1 hour. During the interview they asked a question from each of my completed 3rd software engineering courses.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation because it was a standard Intern offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2010.

Interview

Interviews are mostly based on what you have in RESUME, basic programming language and some additional skills which makes you unique. Prior job experience helps. HR process is very simple, phone call and then group interview with 2-4 employees

Software Test Automation Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process was really great. To the point questions and discussion regarding previous experience. Lots of detailed questions regarding test censorious, programming languages. Networking related questions and experience with coding on handheld devices. Really awesome manager.

Radio/Protocols Stack Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online and got phone interview call based on background. After clearing phone interview I got called for on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions on past projects, cache, hamming codes. C coding questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer, Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Initial communications began at the university careers fair, followed up with a phone call from Blackberry in Bellevue, WA. Interview was scheduled in the following week, for a summer internship position that would begin a few months after the screening process. There were also the usual series of background checks, but those were carried out after the interview process ended.

Interview Questions

• Immediately write code with a sharpie without any points for reference, timed under 5 minutes. There was a simple scenario given, but it did not matter that much in reality.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Cary, NC) in November 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by interview. The interview was an hour or hour and a half long, with multiple interviewers and included general questions, questions about previous jobs, and the "tell me about a time when ...." questions. I've had tougher interviews, but I've also had lighter ones.

Negotiation

Negotiated salary and got a bump from the initial offer

Interview

6 Interviews. Questions about my prior projects. Technical questions included questions on locks, deadlocks, threads, string manipulations

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Radio Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online. got a call and interview was completely technical on whats on my resume