BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.9

Embedded Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Applied on their website, got a call to schedule and interview.

Interview Questions

• Difference between programming on an embedded system and a PC   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

two phone interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

First did a phone interview, which was half technical half behavioral. Was called back to do an inperson interview which lasted most of the day. I was interviewed by different people, in different areas of the company. The first interview was technical while the others were more behavioral, to see if I would fit the office's environment.

Interview Questions

• Coding question was to make a spell checker, which was not too bad.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

The interview comprised of two rounds. The first round consisted of a discussion on the resume.The projects I had done as a part of my academic work. I was asked to write a method to count the number of words in a large file, some questions on data structures, breadth first processing

Interview Questions

• What is the time complexity of breadth first search. When you are counting the number of words in a string suppose you store it in a hash table how do you find the word with the maximum length. Is it worth using a hash table?   Answer Question

Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

I was contacted as they had found my resume via Monster.com and was asked a few questions to see if I met the minimum requirements for this role. After two-three weeks I was given a start date and a very comprehensive guide for the first month.

Interview Questions

• Quizzed on technical aptitude such as hardware, software, network related questions - troubleshooting and also performed a written and oral bilingual test.   1 Answer

Interview

The recruiter emailed me asking me to schedule 3 half an hour interviews back to back with the Hiring Manager and 2 team leads for a particular team. The 3 interviews went smooth. They discuss mainly about your resume, questions related to the projects mentioned in the resume and few questions related to the job profile you are interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• What kind of bugs can a telecom company like Blackberry face?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for intern position. Fixed salary.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2013.

Interview

Initial email from recruiter saying I had been selected and verified a time to speak with the hiring manager. Meeting was about 2.5 weeks after this email. Actual interview was mostly manager explaining the position and whats expected from this individual. It was not a standard interview from my experience, none of the nonsense SAW or situation questions on the first interview. Those I spoke with were nice, although HR appeared to be uninformed as much was left up to the manager. No discussion of salary, which can be a waste of everyone's time if its too low.

Enterprise Support Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX).

Interview

The initial contact was a prescreen interview. The second interview was a face-to-face with the Account Management Supervisor and Director. Their attitudes were very condescending and rather dry. The 3rd interview was a panel interview with management and other Account Management.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important characteristics that an Account Manager should possess?
      How would handle someone who was not doing their job.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I requested a salary range of $55-60 and they gave me $60k

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in December 2012.

Interview

Held a company interview at a local hotel to recruit for a new project after layoffs at another company. Went there for several different interviews with multiple managers. After that there were more phone conversations, background checks that had to be done, then the offer letter. All of this took a long time because of the different departments and approvals that these new positions had to go through.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Milford, CT).

Interview

I gave them my resume at a college career fair. They contacted me a few weeks later and set up a phone interview.

The phone interview consisted of a coding problem, which you had to solve using Google docs while the interviewer watches you. The interviewer was very nice and we fixed a couple bugs in my code together.

Next I had an on-site interview which lasted all day. I met with 8 different people from the company for 6 interviews and a lunch period. Almost all of the interviews were technical in nature. This includes coding, drawing software diagrams on a whiteboard, and verbally answering some questions. Once again everyone was very nice and they make it very easy for you to succeed.