BlackBerry Web Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Web Developer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2010.

Interview

The Interview consisted of to-the-point questions, mostly technical. Did not get enough time to discuss prior experience or academic background. The interviewers were friendly and precisely described the job role and expectations from a co-op/intern.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was just so excited about the offer that I did not considered negotiating with them. Moreover, I was happy with the offer they gave me.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

I first had a preliminary phone screening interview with the company's recruiter. Then I land a phone interview with the company's hiring manager who basically wanted to evaluate my previous work experiences as well as my abilities and skills, and also gauge the interest and enthusiasm I had for the position. Finally I had 1:1 interviews (lasted about 30 minutes each) with a web developer, a java software engineer, a team leader, a middle manager and a HR representative. I got the offer letter within a few days of the on-site interview which I gladly accept.

Advice: Although it isn’t a replacement for a face-to-face interview, making a good impression over the telephone can increase your chance of being asked to an in-person meeting and ultimately to landing the job.

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits of using Strict over Transitional DOCTYPEs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary negotiation is part of the hiring process, but is always a risk. By not accepting an offer right away it leaves it open for other candidates to come into the picture. My advice is that you should take the first offer if you’re happy with it and you feel passionate about what the company does. Never negotiate just for the sake of negotiating.