BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

3.1

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight-forward. Applied through college job posting, interviewed with HR, then a phone interview with manager and director, then came in for in-person interview with the team. Questions were mostly behavioral and about my background and previous experiences.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online a two weeks ago, was asked to do the online interview/ cover letter before my application would be submitted. You are given about 3 days to complete the online cover letter which gets sent to you immediately after submitting your application. Haven't heard anything back yet. Will keep updating if I get to the next step.
    I was asked two question. Listed below.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received first round interview with the team. I am supposed to interview with two team members at different times. The first one was 40 minutes late but the interview was very smooth and easy. There were some standard behavior questions with a brain teaser. The other one skipped the first scheduled time and asked me provide other available times. The same thing happened four times. He or she skipped every scheduled interview, then emailed me and set up a new one for all four times. I am not sure why this happened but I am deeply disappointed.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2017.

Interview

Smooth process, recruiters are extremely helpful. Interviewers are friendly and share feedback. 1 week to hear back between rounds and heard back same day as final round. Prepare well for unexpected questions.

Interview Questions

• What are some market conditions that interest you?
      Do you invest/what would you invest in with (certain amount of money)?
      Walk me through your resume
      What are your strengths?
      Why this position?
      Tell me a time you led a team
      Recent article pertaining to financial markets   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

1.) Apply Online & Submit video online(Hirevue)
    2.) Online Assessment(Choose between Coding and Statistics)
    3.) Call Interview with one of the members in group I applied
    4.) Superday at New York - 3 hours long with 4 sessions
    The whole process took around two months

Interview Questions

• - What is CAPM?
      - What do you think of the market right now?
      - Write a correct-syntax function to find all prime numbers between 1 and N(any language)
      - Write an efficient function to compute the Variance of the data stored in a double array
      - What are the two ways to write C main function? : main() and main(char **argv, int argc) and what are those arguments?
      - Suppose we have three fair dices and we toss it in order, what is the probability of the outcome coming up with a strictly increasing order? ( ex. (1,3,5), (3,5,6) are ok, but (4,3,5) is not)
      - If we have a function that can generate a random number between 1 to n(integer) with uniform distribution, how can we create another function that will generate a random number between 1 to m(integer > n). When I get this task, he say that he'll let n=3 and m=5, but the interviewer said that it can be done in any number of n and m.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview happened in december 2016. Two In-Person interviews. Both went really well. Interviewers were very happy to find a person with exactly the same experience they are looking for. Both Interviewers said they will extending the offer, but one reason they didn't hired me is because my work experience is not USA. They finally went with an In-experienced local candidate than hiring a experience professional. Although i never worked in US, but all my career i directly worked with USA Clients and people. i'm not sure if black rock provides equal employer opportunities but it didn't happened with me. This is pure racism. Disgusting people with racist attitude

Interview Questions

• Tell us about my experiance   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back roughly 2 months later which is when I had first round interviews. You then fly out to NY headquarters for final round interviews which are all in person

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied via University, had 6 rounds of interviews on campus and then they took more than 2 months to come back with a reject. Stupid people and lazy HR. Questions were all behavioral and no technical or finance related question was asked.

Interview Questions

• Why Blackrock, Why analyst position, 2 buckets - one 3 litre and one 5 litre. How would you measure exactly 4 litre and you have 2 minutes to answer the question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Took over a month and was three parts. Final interview in the office. Great opportunity to get to know the company and different parts of the team. The phone interview was the easiest part.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something you know a lot about.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Sent a virtual cover letter, got a reply just under a month later about a first round video interview. Got an invitation for the final round interview a few days later.