BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2017

107 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I got 30 minutes campus interview and interviewer was nice and kind to answer my questions since i am not majoring in finance and i really don't know what kind of people they are looking for

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round video interview. Still waiting to hear back about the rest of the process, but it was pretty straightforward. Easy, personality type questions and other questions mostly based on resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview. The interviewer was very patient. There were several basic questions regarding programming and statistics. I had little knowledge on statistcs and messed up a few questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The virtual cover letter via HireVue Interview. Just got it 1-2 days after my submission of online application, and I think everyone will get it since it seems like an automatic process.

Interview Questions

• Why BlackRock and this specific business.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up two skype interviews for me. The first Interviewer was one hour late and very unprofessional during the interview. She was obviously very sleepy at the time. The second interviewer was even worse. He did not show up on the first day and they sent me an email one hour later for another interview at the same time on the next day. It turned out the interviewer decided not to show up again the second day as well. Then they sent an email saying they are really sorry but they are very interested in me and wanted to reschedule at the same time on the third day. The interviewer finally showed up 30 minutes past the scheduled time on the third day.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

It was a ZOOM interview. There were 3 rounds, each takes about 30 minutes. People who interviewed me are from offices of Tokyo, Singapore, and Australia. They are all analysts and seems to be nice in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• $100 million investment, how to diversify your portfolio.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Did the hirevue where I recorded a video clip by looking into the webcam. Just had to make sure to fix my eyesight around the camera to simulate contact. I am pretty sure someone told me there's algorithms built into hirevue to calculate how times you look down.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight-forward. Applied through college job posting, interviewed with HR, then a phone interview with manager and director, then came in for in-person interview with the team. Questions were mostly behavioral and about my background and previous experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online a two weeks ago, was asked to do the online interview/ cover letter before my application would be submitted. You are given about 3 days to complete the online cover letter which gets sent to you immediately after submitting your application. Haven't heard anything back yet. Will keep updating if I get to the next step.
    I was asked two question. Listed below.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

1.) Apply Online & Submit video online(Hirevue)
    2.) Online Assessment(Choose between Coding and Statistics)
    3.) Call Interview with one of the members in group I applied
    4.) Superday at New York - 3 hours long with 4 sessions
    The whole process took around two months

Interview Questions

• - What is CAPM?
      - What do you think of the market right now?
      - Write a correct-syntax function to find all prime numbers between 1 and N(any language)
      - Write an efficient function to compute the Variance of the data stored in a double array
      - What are the two ways to write C main function? : main() and main(char **argv, int argc) and what are those arguments?
      - Suppose we have three fair dices and we toss it in order, what is the probability of the outcome coming up with a strictly increasing order? ( ex. (1,3,5), (3,5,6) are ok, but (4,3,5) is not)
      - If we have a function that can generate a random number between 1 to n(integer) with uniform distribution, how can we create another function that will generate a random number between 1 to m(integer > n). When I get this task, he say that he'll let n=3 and m=5, but the interviewer said that it can be done in any number of n and m.   Answer Question