BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight-forward. Applied through college job posting, interviewed with HR, then a phone interview with manager and director, then came in for in-person interview with the team. Questions were mostly behavioral and about my background and previous experiences.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received first round interview with the team. I am supposed to interview with two team members at different times. The first one was 40 minutes late but the interview was very smooth and easy. There were some standard behavior questions with a brain teaser. The other one skipped the first scheduled time and asked me provide other available times. The same thing happened four times. He or she skipped every scheduled interview, then emailed me and set up a new one for all four times. I am not sure why this happened but I am deeply disappointed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview happened in december 2016. Two In-Person interviews. Both went really well. Interviewers were very happy to find a person with exactly the same experience they are looking for. Both Interviewers said they will extending the offer, but one reason they didn't hired me is because my work experience is not USA. They finally went with an In-experienced local candidate than hiring a experience professional. Although i never worked in US, but all my career i directly worked with USA Clients and people. i'm not sure if black rock provides equal employer opportunities but it didn't happened with me. This is pure racism. Disgusting people with racist attitude

Interview Questions

• Tell us about my experiance   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online a two weeks ago, was asked to do the online interview/ cover letter before my application would be submitted. You are given about 3 days to complete the online cover letter which gets sent to you immediately after submitting your application. Haven't heard anything back yet. Will keep updating if I get to the next step.
    I was asked two question. Listed below.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back roughly 2 months later which is when I had first round interviews. You then fly out to NY headquarters for final round interviews which are all in person

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

First round interview followed by final rounds. Required virtual cover letter in the form of a video after online application submission. Process was very fast, first round and final round was in the same few days. Met with two people during the first round and four during the final rounds. Only the final rounds took place at the firm. Everyone was very nice. Not very technical. All technicals about investments/market/investing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some macroeconomic trends going on in the world today.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2016.

Interview

After applying, recorded video 3 questions, Skype one-on-one first round, then a 5-interview Superday in the office. Turnaround time after each interview was a few days, although I did not get an answer about the Superday for several weeks due to delays in the process

Interview Questions

• Lots of general questions about Blackrock, behavioral questions and interest gaging questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Longest part of the process was between sending in application online and hearing back for the interview. I had 3 back-to-back in-person interviews, 30 min ea, at office; suspect it was a shorter process than most other reviews here because they were hiring off-cycle instead of in a cohort.

Interview Questions

• mostly personal and questions about previous positions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (Newark, DE) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 interviewers, including 2 analysts, one associate, and one vice president. The whole interview process took about 2 hours, and each for 30 minutes. They all firstly let me do a self-introduction. Then, they asked several finance-related questions, such as durations, bonds, and interest rates. The position I applied is about the green package, and one of the interviewer told me that the candidate for this position had to be very hardworking and quick-learning.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain to me what is the interest rates if I know nothing about Finance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

3 round of interviews scheduled back to back on the same day. met all direct reports management team. i was given the result within one week time. the hiring process took a bit time due to the background check and other administrative items. Overall, it was pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the role, what do you know about the role, how did you find out about the role.   Answer Question