BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

117 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

There's a hireview video cover letter, then a 1st round interview done via skype, and then they invite you to a 2nd round (super day) in person. I was called by the recruiter with my offer a few days after my superday.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview. The interviewer was very patient. There were several basic questions regarding programming and statistics. I had little knowledge on statistcs and messed up a few questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I got 30 minutes campus interview and interviewer was nice and kind to answer my questions since i am not majoring in finance and i really don't know what kind of people they are looking for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round video interview. Still waiting to hear back about the rest of the process, but it was pretty straightforward. Easy, personality type questions and other questions mostly based on resume.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The virtual cover letter via HireVue Interview. Just got it 1-2 days after my submission of online application, and I think everyone will get it since it seems like an automatic process.

Interview Questions

• Why BlackRock and this specific business.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Lateral hire. First round is on-site. After one week, got asked for another round of on-site. It is a very painful process to chase after the recruiter to schedule my 2nd round of onsite interview. He never replied to my email at all. Very disorganized and unstructured. And on the day of my 2nd round onsite, when I went to the office, no one knew I was scheduled an interview. The 2nd round was mostly behavioral questions and talked about my working experience. No news after one week and I followed up with the recruiter, but never got a reply from him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in October 2017.

Interview

I was selected to attend a Superday interview at Wilmington, DE office. The interview consisted of six 30-min one-on-one chats with managers from different teams. The interviewers were nice and helpful. However, there was no response from them in four weeks after the interview. When I followed up for the third time, they finally responded with a rejection. It was 32 days after the interview! The HR is poorly organized.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

It was a ZOOM interview. There were 3 rounds, each takes about 30 minutes. People who interviewed me are from offices of Tokyo, Singapore, and Australia. They are all analysts and seems to be nice in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• $100 million investment, how to diversify your portfolio.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up two skype interviews for me. The first Interviewer was one hour late and very unprofessional during the interview. She was obviously very sleepy at the time. The second interviewer was even worse. He did not show up on the first day and they sent me an email one hour later for another interview at the same time on the next day. It turned out the interviewer decided not to show up again the second day as well. Then they sent an email saying they are really sorry but they are very interested in me and wanted to reschedule at the same time on the third day. The interviewer finally showed up 30 minutes past the scheduled time on the third day.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Did the hirevue where I recorded a video clip by looking into the webcam. Just had to make sure to fix my eyesight around the camera to simulate contact. I am pretty sure someone told me there's algorithms built into hirevue to calculate how times you look down.