BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

3.1

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very long and difficult interview process. I had about 4-5 rounds of interviews with different employers. Very technical and very mathematically focussed. Last round with the head of the division and he asked technical questions about Ito's lemma and Girsanov's theorem. All in all super tough throughout the process, but I guess that is what to expect from a Big Name like BlackRock.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in September 2012.

Interview

Very deep technical interview round. Good questions in the technical interview. Person should be good in technical and domain knowledge before applying in the company. Communication should be good. Person should be open for accepting challenging roles.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2016.

Interview

After applying, recorded video 3 questions, Skype one-on-one first round, then a 5-interview Superday in the office. Turnaround time after each interview was a few days, although I did not get an answer about the Superday for several weeks due to delays in the process

Interview Questions

• Lots of general questions about Blackrock, behavioral questions and interest gaging questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (Chennai (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

An aptitude test was conducted to interested people out of which 60 odd people were shortlisted for the interview. It was a 5 round process in which the first 2 were mostly testing the candidates knowledge in finance and about the resume. The further rounds were trying to know the person, his interest in the company, career goals, how could he/she add value to the company etc.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Worst interview in my life. Interviewer was arrogant and rude. He didn´t even look at my face. He just sat there looking at the wall while I was answering his questions. For a moment I thought he was blind.
    He constantly interrupted all my answers making me start again but in other words. I had to improvise several different answers for each question on the run and once and again he interrupted me and asked the same in a menacing tone, as if I were giving him the wrong answer. Some of the questions were so self explanatory that I can't think of anything that could have bothered him. (the tasks I did in my previous job, what did I study, etc). If that guy was expected to be my future boss I'm glad I failed that interview. Oh, and they didn't even bothered to send me an email to say I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how to invest 1m dollars, tell me about a time you had to meet a deadline, about a time you had to motivate others, about a time you had to do something that no one else could do, about a time you worked in a team...   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2015.

Interview

The first part of the interview is a video interview, the next round was a Skype call with two BlackRock members who were sitting in separate rooms. They were obviously instant messaging each other throughout the interview and rudely smirking at each other. They were enjoying their conversation more than paying attention to the interview. Disappointing and very distracting. Overall, would not have wanted to work with for the company after that experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus interview followed by on site interview with four 30min interviews. Nothing too tricky, wanted to learn more about markets, what was on my resume, asked some fixed income questions and a brain teaser.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Resume submit on school career website - on campus interview - on site interview. I had a super day at the end of October and now I'm waiting. It's been over a week -- anyone heard back?

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in November 2013.

Interview

2 Weeks, 6 Interviews: commercial awareness, technical, brain teasers, guesstimates etc. Similar to banking, but depends a lot on what you have applied to. Overall good experience, you get to meet the people you'll be working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

Got a referral for BlackRock.
    Then i received a call from the HR. I had an offer in hand,so the HR wanted to discuss the salary before even having a telephonic technical discussion/screening.

Telephonic Interviewer again started discussing salary first. I do not know why they are fearing screening people. See whether you need him/her first.

I always used to think a product base firm like BlackRock pays higher than others. But its a myth.

Interview Questions

• We cannot offer you the package you already have. Would you want to continue the interview ?   1 Answer