BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Sent a virtual cover letter, got a reply just under a month later about a first round video interview. Got an invitation for the final round interview a few days later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

1.) Apply Online & Submit video online(Hirevue)
    2.) Online Assessment(Choose between Coding and Statistics)
    3.) Call Interview with one of the members in group I applied
    4.) Superday at New York - 3 hours long with 4 sessions
    The whole process took around two months

Interview Questions

• - What is CAPM?
      - What do you think of the market right now?
      - Write a correct-syntax function to find all prime numbers between 1 and N(any language)
      - Write an efficient function to compute the Variance of the data stored in a double array
      - What are the two ways to write C main function? : main() and main(char **argv, int argc) and what are those arguments?
      - Suppose we have three fair dices and we toss it in order, what is the probability of the outcome coming up with a strictly increasing order? ( ex. (1,3,5), (3,5,6) are ok, but (4,3,5) is not)
      - If we have a function that can generate a random number between 1 to n(integer) with uniform distribution, how can we create another function that will generate a random number between 1 to m(integer > n). When I get this task, he say that he'll let n=3 and m=5, but the interviewer said that it can be done in any number of n and m.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2017.

Interview

Smooth process, recruiters are extremely helpful. Interviewers are friendly and share feedback. 1 week to hear back between rounds and heard back same day as final round. Prepare well for unexpected questions.

Interview Questions

• What are some market conditions that interest you?
      Do you invest/what would you invest in with (certain amount of money)?
      Walk me through your resume
      What are your strengths?
      Why this position?
      Tell me a time you led a team
      Recent article pertaining to financial markets

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Application online, tests, phone call or Skype call (2) and then Assessment center (4 interviews and group project). Two interviews were behavioural, the assessment center was more technical. Overall I found that I was much more comfortable with the people interviewing me here and that is how I knew I wanted to work in BlackRock compared to other firms.

Interview Questions

• 1. Bank balance sheets
      2. Market awareness
      3. Division awareness

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back roughly 2 months later which is when I had first round interviews. You then fly out to NY headquarters for final round interviews which are all in person

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online a two weeks ago, was asked to do the online interview/ cover letter before my application would be submitted. You are given about 3 days to complete the online cover letter which gets sent to you immediately after submitting your application. Haven't heard anything back yet. Will keep updating if I get to the next step.
    I was asked two question. Listed below.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight-forward. Applied through college job posting, interviewed with HR, then a phone interview with manager and director, then came in for in-person interview with the team. Questions were mostly behavioral and about my background and previous experiences.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2016.

Interview

After applying, recorded video 3 questions, Skype one-on-one first round, then a 5-interview Superday in the office. Turnaround time after each interview was a few days, although I did not get an answer about the Superday for several weeks due to delays in the process

Interview Questions

• Lots of general questions about Blackrock, behavioral questions and interest gaging questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview happened in december 2016. Two In-Person interviews. Both went really well. Interviewers were very happy to find a person with exactly the same experience they are looking for. Both Interviewers said they will extending the offer, but one reason they didn't hired me is because my work experience is not USA. They finally went with an In-experienced local candidate than hiring a experience professional. Although i never worked in US, but all my career i directly worked with USA Clients and people. i'm not sure if black rock provides equal employer opportunities but it didn't happened with me. This is pure racism. Disgusting people with racist attitude

Interview Questions

• Tell us about my experiance   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

First round was a pre-recorded interview. The second round was a video interview with an analyst. The third round was super day. Then one final interview. During the super day there was also a group case study.