BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Longest part of the process was between sending in application online and hearing back for the interview. I had 3 back-to-back in-person interviews, 30 min ea, at office; suspect it was a shorter process than most other reviews here because they were hiring off-cycle instead of in a cohort.

Interview Questions

• mostly personal and questions about previous positions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (Newark, DE) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 interviewers, including 2 analysts, one associate, and one vice president. The whole interview process took about 2 hours, and each for 30 minutes. They all firstly let me do a self-introduction. Then, they asked several finance-related questions, such as durations, bonds, and interest rates. The position I applied is about the green package, and one of the interviewer told me that the candidate for this position had to be very hardworking and quick-learning.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain to me what is the interest rates if I know nothing about Finance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

3 round of interviews scheduled back to back on the same day. met all direct reports management team. i was given the result within one week time. the hiring process took a bit time due to the background check and other administrative items. Overall, it was pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the role, what do you know about the role, how did you find out about the role.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The first round is an video interview and there are four questions. All are behavioral questions. After that, I received an invitation in three days I finished the video interview process. And there are two interviewers. The first one lasts about 20 minutes and all are behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very pleasant. Everyone was really friendly and they made me feel comfortable. Most of the questions were on the current industry trends. It felt more like a conversation and not really an interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me how the Federal Reserve sets monetary policy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

On Campus Recruiting. The position is Risk analyst. Interview with a director. One to one. The process is 30 minutes. Go through the resume and answer the question about mortgage. Positive experience.

Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus interview followed by on site interview with four 30min interviews. Nothing too tricky, wanted to learn more about markets, what was on my resume, asked some fixed income questions and a brain teaser.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2015.

Interview

The first part of the interview is a video interview, the next round was a Skype call with two BlackRock members who were sitting in separate rooms. They were obviously instant messaging each other throughout the interview and rudely smirking at each other. They were enjoying their conversation more than paying attention to the interview. Disappointing and very distracting. Overall, would not have wanted to work with for the company after that experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Online video, weekend superday. Very nice people and there wasn't a lot of difficult quantitative questions. It was formal but doing back to back interviews can be very tiring. Make sure you know a lot about the firm and what it does. You may do a team execise.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. First had a one-way Skype interview to get through to the first round; had the first round interview about a week later. The day before the interview, I received an email that said the interviews were now EST and not PDT. The instructions for the video interview were very ambiguous, and the recruiter talked about how the previous interviewees also had trouble dialing in. Overall was a very unenjoyable process. Everything seemed very impersonal. By the time that I actually interviewed, I was fed up, and had zero interest in working for a company like BlackRock. For such a large and successful company, I was not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the difference between an ETF and Mutual Fund?
      If the FED raises the interest rates, what will happen to the price of bonds?
      Tell me about a time that you were not a leader?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Why Blackrock?
      Why your college and major?
      Answer Question