BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

117 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

First round interview followed by final rounds. Required virtual cover letter in the form of a video after online application submission. Process was very fast, first round and final round was in the same few days. Met with two people during the first round and four during the final rounds. Only the final rounds took place at the firm. Everyone was very nice. Not very technical. All technicals about investments/market/investing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some macroeconomic trends going on in the world today.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2016.

Interview

After applying, recorded video 3 questions, Skype one-on-one first round, then a 5-interview Superday in the office. Turnaround time after each interview was a few days, although I did not get an answer about the Superday for several weeks due to delays in the process

Interview Questions

• Lots of general questions about Blackrock, behavioral questions and interest gaging questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Longest part of the process was between sending in application online and hearing back for the interview. I had 3 back-to-back in-person interviews, 30 min ea, at office; suspect it was a shorter process than most other reviews here because they were hiring off-cycle instead of in a cohort.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Very well conducted. All interviewers were professional and made it a good experience. The recruitment team were quick to provide feedback and make a decision. Great interview skills from all.

Interview Questions

• How would you fly over the moon   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (Newark, DE) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 interviewers, including 2 analysts, one associate, and one vice president. The whole interview process took about 2 hours, and each for 30 minutes. They all firstly let me do a self-introduction. Then, they asked several finance-related questions, such as durations, bonds, and interest rates. The position I applied is about the green package, and one of the interviewer told me that the candidate for this position had to be very hardworking and quick-learning.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain to me what is the interest rates if I know nothing about Finance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

3 round of interviews scheduled back to back on the same day. met all direct reports management team. i was given the result within one week time. the hiring process took a bit time due to the background check and other administrative items. Overall, it was pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the role, what do you know about the role, how did you find out about the role.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The first round is an video interview and there are four questions. All are behavioral questions. After that, I received an invitation in three days I finished the video interview process. And there are two interviewers. The first one lasts about 20 minutes and all are behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews . They got a little mixed up with my application process so it took longer than normal. They asked alot of behavioral questions, however, there were some regarding markets and current pricing of assets.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very pleasant. Everyone was really friendly and they made me feel comfortable. Most of the questions were on the current industry trends. It felt more like a conversation and not really an interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me how the Federal Reserve sets monetary policy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

On Campus Recruiting. The position is Risk analyst. Interview with a director. One to one. The process is 30 minutes. Go through the resume and answer the question about mortgage. Positive experience.