BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very long and difficult interview process. I had about 4-5 rounds of interviews with different employers. Very technical and very mathematically focussed. Last round with the head of the division and he asked technical questions about Ito's lemma and Girsanov's theorem. All in all super tough throughout the process, but I guess that is what to expect from a Big Name like BlackRock.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Application online, tests, phone call or Skype call (2) and then Assessment center (4 interviews and group project). Two interviews were behavioural, the assessment center was more technical. Overall I found that I was much more comfortable with the people interviewing me here and that is how I knew I wanted to work in BlackRock compared to other firms.

Interview Questions

• 1. Bank balance sheets
      2. Market awareness
      3. Division awareness   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Application sent off at the beginning of September, simple and quick application form.
    Invited to online automated interview over a month later.
    I prepared as if it was a real interview, turned out was over preparation. They asked 3 simple questions about Blackrock, University and You.
    Questions 30 secs to prepare your answer and 1.5 minutes to answer.
    Still waiting to hear.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in December 2011.

Interview

Process was efficient. I conducted the first two interviews over the phone. The next round consisted of an assessment centre. A lunch was hosted by junior members of staff. Following lunch there were two interviews with Directors, a problem solving exercise regarding numbers and simple quant analysis. Group discussion & pres.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you disagreed with the way a more senior member of staff was conducting business, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the greatest accomplishment in your last role   Answer Question

Negotiation

A standard package - didn't appear like negotiation was possible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in February 2010.

Interview

I was asked a lot of fitting questions, no right or wrongs, i think they were just trying to figure out whether I can work hard and fit well into the company cuclture.

Interview Questions

• give me an example when you had confliction in interest in a team work   Answer Question