BlackRock Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

3.1

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

the worst interview experience ever. uncoordinated, random and weird. did i even apply for a software engineering role? was not even interested in answering the questions after the 2nd round. The job description is all nonsense.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I met with a director of the specific group during the first round of interviews. During the second round of interviews, I met with a group of 5 people within the same group. These individuals ranked from associate to co-director. All of the interview questions were very fair. They asked me to specifically describe my experience in previous positions and wanted me to display a clear interest/passion for the specific industry (alternatives - real estate).

Interview Questions

• Why specifically do you want to work within this division of the group?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock in December 2014.

Interview

1 Telephonic- Pune (Technical)
    1 VC - Pune (Technical)
    2 Face to Face rounds in Gurgaon. 1 technical and 1 VP round (Again Technical)

Interview Questions

• Basic questions related to QTP Automation and domain. Questions were mainly related to QTP automation frameworks and finance domain. I have 9 years of experience hence it wasn't difficult.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

contacted through email to set up a video interview after 5 days of online application
    interview had basic question about me and about the company
    not many technical questions
    however it was weird seeing your self being recorded

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BlackRock in July 2013.

Interview

Multiple rounds
    Online test, followed by coding and design excercise
    A Panel/gorup interview
    2 1X1Interviews with VP
    1 1X1 discussion with onshore VP
    1 Interview with the director
    Discussion with HR

Interview process was a learning experience in itself. Had a good experience

Interview Questions

• About company strategy and how your goals align with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Lengthy and in-depth. Several rounds of interviews for all candidates. BlackRock interviews many people for seemingly all open reqs. I've seen first-hand where one off-comment can derail an entire interview and lead to a rejection of a seemingly good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wish to work at BlackRock? Don't mess up and refer to "BlackRock" as "Blackstone" which, surprisingly, I've seen happen by interviewees.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Cumbersome. 2 phone interviews (HR screen and an actual phone interview with someone from the team) that were followed by 2 separate panel interviews. The panel interviews seem to be largely perfunctory. If you do your homework on the company and the team, this is made much easier. The background check was also absurd and overly complicated.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work at BlackRock?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Resume submission followed by a quick on-campus interview (during graduate school) and then an invitation to interview in New York. 2-3 30-minute sessions covering mostly personality, fit, and general interest in real estate. No specific industry knowledge was tested. The entire process felt a bit cursory - perhaps they were never very interested in me as a candidate, but there didn't seem to be much depth to the questions asked or their level of engagement.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my level of commitment to New York - I had spent much of my life in other parts of the country and they were unsure of my desire to be in New York long-term.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in December 2012.

Interview

Interview had three rounds none were difficult since this was not a very difficult role.
    There were different rounds, one was a phone screen for a technical check and rest others were more focused on the skills required for the specific role.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed for contracting for Java developer position a year back. People are cool, lot of Financial questions, normal Java developer may not get through it. As I am Financial savy person I could do it. .. In general interviews at Black Rock San Francisco are tough.
    I was selected and worked for 9 months, because of budget cuts could not renew or convert as FT. Now team called me back for FT position, since they know me, interview was easy sail. HR interview and processing is not so common as I expected. I have asked my expected salary, they came up with the package with same figure (but bonus and benefits included in that), which is very uncommon in IT industry. You usually ask for a salary and bonus on top of the salary. Offer was not that great, just median salary of San Francisco Bay Area, which is definitely not expected from top notch financial company. Benefits are also not par with financial industry, only 50 pc match of 401k and 3 years vesting time, and max of 5k limit of matching. Only good benefit is unlimited sick time, which disappeared in lot of companies already. Having 10 + years of programming experience, BlackRock offered only median salary of Bay Area.

Interview Questions

• There is no negotiation of salary in Black Rock, they will come up with an offer and either you accept it or reject it   1 Answer

Negotiation