BlackRock Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2017

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

the worst interview experience ever. uncoordinated, random and weird. did i even apply for a software engineering role? was not even interested in answering the questions after the 2nd round. The job description is all nonsense.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I met with a director of the specific group during the first round of interviews. During the second round of interviews, I met with a group of 5 people within the same group. These individuals ranked from associate to co-director. All of the interview questions were very fair. They asked me to specifically describe my experience in previous positions and wanted me to display a clear interest/passion for the specific industry (alternatives - real estate).

Interview Questions

• Why specifically do you want to work within this division of the group?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Interview

contacted through email to set up a video interview after 5 days of online application
    interview had basic question about me and about the company
    not many technical questions
    however it was weird seeing your self being recorded

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Resume submission followed by a quick on-campus interview (during graduate school) and then an invitation to interview in New York. 2-3 30-minute sessions covering mostly personality, fit, and general interest in real estate. No specific industry knowledge was tested. The entire process felt a bit cursory - perhaps they were never very interested in me as a candidate, but there didn't seem to be much depth to the questions asked or their level of engagement.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my level of commitment to New York - I had spent much of my life in other parts of the country and they were unsure of my desire to be in New York long-term.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process went well. BlackRock interviews are different and less structured than other financial services companies. It made it easy to tell my story and control the direction of the interview. I would give myself an A rating for the interview. Unfortunately, when I heard back about a second round, BlackRock informed me that rather than not being selected for a second round, they were not looking to fill the position any more.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you worked very hard for something but were not able to achieve the goal.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Standard interview, nothing fancy. HR department though has been absolutely horrendous supporting this and providing information regarding the interview. They did not replied back not once after me sending them 4 e-mails requesting feedback.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Standard telephone interview were i was asked about my motivation for the FIG Business Manager Associate role and generally about my background.
    The interview was a week later with the global head of the Financial institutions Group, who asked very unusual questions about my background. All questions were fairly intrusive and related to my personal life, and intimate parts of my personal relationship with my family and parents. It's not possible to prepare for this interview since there was not a single competency or knowledge based interview.
    I never received any feedback from the interview from HR, neither in form of a phone call, personal email or even automated email. I tired contacting them myself but was unsuccessful.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in December 2009.

Interview

Pretty tough but very thorough - asked a lot on market situation and were interested to know what I thought was the cause of the economic crises. A group of highly intelligent, very friendly people. Off-putting in the sense that the interviewers asked technical questions in a pretty conversational, casual manner. One thing - they take weeks to get back to you post Superday, which i thought was pretty strange for such a well-run company, but didn't get offer. The on-campus interview before that was very conversational, almost no behavioral or fit, just a casual conversation on where we both thought markets were heading and what we considered to be the future of Asset Management. Overall lots of fun but pretty stressful.

Interview Questions

• If you started working with our team tomorrow, what would be the first thing you asked to look at?   Answer Question
    • what do you think caused the collapse of the market?   Answer Question