BlackRock Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very great people who interviewed me for the role. All of them have been gone and the interviewer this time is really tough. Also lots of agencies are complaining about it. And very robust.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Associate Interview

Interview

contacted through email to set up a video interview after 5 days of online application
    interview had basic question about me and about the company
    not many technical questions
    however it was weird seeing your self being recorded

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process went well. BlackRock interviews are different and less structured than other financial services companies. It made it easy to tell my story and control the direction of the interview. I would give myself an A rating for the interview. Unfortunately, when I heard back about a second round, BlackRock informed me that rather than not being selected for a second round, they were not looking to fill the position any more.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you worked very hard for something but were not able to achieve the goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in December 2010.

Interview

Organised and structured. Provided a very clear idea of BlackRock and the goals of the team I was joining.

Negotiation

Yes. I spoke to HR

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

Interviewer asked more on academics scores of graduation & MBA rather checking my knowledge

Interview Questions

• your college score   1 Answer
    • why you want to leave the current company   1 Answer

Negotiation

very poor

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

There was one telephonic round which was taken by a person to understand my skillset.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

Positive and kept well informed. Had a 30 minute Dave to face interview with 2 interviewers. Relatively basic questions and some competency based. All in all a positive experience was had

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in January 2008.

Interview

Interview was somewhat quantitative, but friendly. Make sure you are comfortable with what you are talking about.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2010.

Interview

I first applied online, got a call back and a phone interview, then came in to interview twice. After the second interview, I was offered the job. After negotiations ensued, I accepted the job. I took a drug test and had to be subjected to a background, credit and drug test before the offer was finalized.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

Panel interview face to face, then panel interview on video conference. Questions ranged from technical to thorough examination of CV. Test of basic maths and speed of calculation. Was also a get to know the person type of interview - they wanted to see how I could fit in to the people I would be working with.