BlackRock Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2017

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very great people who interviewed me for the role. All of them have been gone and the interviewer this time is really tough. Also lots of agencies are complaining about it. And very robust.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Associate Interview

Interview

contacted through email to set up a video interview after 5 days of online application
    interview had basic question about me and about the company
    not many technical questions
    however it was weird seeing your self being recorded

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

the worst interview experience ever. uncoordinated, random and weird. did i even apply for a software engineering role? was not even interested in answering the questions after the 2nd round. The job description is all nonsense.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

1st Interview - very informal , VP lead the chat through resume and asked some competency based questions. Analyst took notes - both very pleasant.

2 weeks later - HR offered me a different job - I said I would rather wait to hear back from the 1st.

The following day I was invited to 2nd interview with Director and VP. They told me it would last 30 minutes, it lasted 20. Very informal , chatted over CV - said I would hear in couple days.

I chased recruiter on a weekly basis for an update and they gave ever excuse you could think of. 3 weeks later I got the response that they went with someone else. They blamed the delay on holiday season.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process went well. BlackRock interviews are different and less structured than other financial services companies. It made it easy to tell my story and control the direction of the interview. I would give myself an A rating for the interview. Unfortunately, when I heard back about a second round, BlackRock informed me that rather than not being selected for a second round, they were not looking to fill the position any more.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you worked very hard for something but were not able to achieve the goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in December 2010.

Interview

Organised and structured. Provided a very clear idea of BlackRock and the goals of the team I was joining.

Negotiation

Yes. I spoke to HR

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

Interviewer asked more on academics scores of graduation & MBA rather checking my knowledge

Interview Questions

• your college score   1 Answer
    • why you want to leave the current company   1 Answer

Negotiation

very poor

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

There was one telephonic round which was taken by a person to understand my skillset.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

Positive and kept well informed. Had a 30 minute Dave to face interview with 2 interviewers. Relatively basic questions and some competency based. All in all a positive experience was had

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in January 2008.

Interview

Interview was somewhat quantitative, but friendly. Make sure you are comfortable with what you are talking about.