BlackRock Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Associate Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process went well. BlackRock interviews are different and less structured than other financial services companies. It made it easy to tell my story and control the direction of the interview. I would give myself an A rating for the interview. Unfortunately, when I heard back about a second round, BlackRock informed me that rather than not being selected for a second round, they were not looking to fill the position any more.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you worked very hard for something but were not able to achieve the goal.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone screen with HR. Phone chat with hiring manager. Flew out to job location office for interviews with several team members over the course of 3 hours. Interview was not terribly difficult, mostly background/personality questions. Was notified a couple days later by HR that I had received a job offer for the SF office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about ETFs   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock in February 2011.

Interview

First interview was with HR recruiter, consisting of usual questions on career history, expectations, etc. Next step interview was with the direct reporting manager and one of the colleague with technical questions. Third interview was with mid-level management, discussing more on the high-level perspective, as well as introduction on the company's background. And final interview was with the HR recruiter again to wrap up with the package, starting date, etc.

Interview Questions

• So long as we have the technical expertise, all the technical questions should not be an issue. However, the question regarding the strategy might be tricky, as it is heavily related to the current situation of the firm or the team themselves.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, NM) in June 2010.

Interview

Internal recruiters call for screening. This is followed by interview with team and then with direct manager and their leadership team. The entire process is less than a month long.

Negotiation

Not much room. This is made clear.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interview screening with HR is literally to see if you want to be submitted to the team. Once the team approves, they setup the in office interview. You have to meet with pretty much half the team at the very least as well as a few people from related teams. I interviewed with 12-13 people total for 20 mins each over a span of 3 days. They seem to ask the same questions and then at the end of the process they decide if you are going to be easy to work with yet know your stuff and get stuff done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was short because they have a set salary for how many years experience for your title level. Was not able to get even a small increase.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

3 on site, 5 people each time

Interview Questions

• not many unexpected or difficult questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR tried to low-ball me.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very great people who interviewed me for the role. All of them have been gone and the interviewer this time is really tough. Also lots of agencies are complaining about it. And very robust.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Call from HUMAN RESOURCE, Written test with Excel and fiance questions, 3 rounds of interview, interview with process head then final negotiation with HR. It is same as most companies followed in Delhi NCR.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

There was one telephonic round which was taken by a person to understand my skillset.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

Positive and kept well informed. Had a 30 minute Dave to face interview with 2 interviewers. Relatively basic questions and some competency based. All in all a positive experience was had