BlackRock Client Businesses Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Client Businesses Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied in November 2014. Montage prescreening interview in January, first round interview two weeks later, and final round SuperDay about 3 weeks after that. Received offer by phone two weeks after SuperDay.

Interview Questions

• Montage Interview:
    Favorite class?
    How do you keep up with the markets and asset management?
    When have you been innovative?
  • First Round Interview:
    Mostly behavioral and fit questions. Have a general knowledge of market trends.
  • Final Round Superday:
    Four 30 minute interviews with various members of the team you've applied for.
    Again, mostly behavioral but there were some technical questions.

How do interest rates affect the market? Bonds in particular?
    What is the difference between a mutual fund and an ETF?
    What do you currently invest in/what would you invest in?

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I found a posting via my school's Campus Recruiting website (in December); the posting directed me to apply directly to BlackRock's online career page. The deadline to apply was a Sunday, and Monday morning I received an "application on hold" detail. Wednesday around noon I received a call from HR to set up a phone interview the following week. The phone interview was 30 minutes with a VP. The interview was fairly conversational. I had previous experience with a different firm and we spoke mostly of that and a few "common" interview questions such as "tell me about a time you worked in a group" and different variations of these types of questions. NO TECHNICALS. This phone interview was on a Tuesday, and Thursday afternoon I received an email inviting me to Super Day --in office-- the following Monday. The Super Day consisted of two 45 minute interviews with either Directors or VPs and one Group Interview (project) to end the day. The interviews were again conversational, and not technical. Mostly getting to know me, a few strengths weaknesses type of questions, and a few critical thinking questions which I assume was to test my competence. Received a phone call soon after extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember. But the tell me three weaknesses and three strengths and how they would strengthen the blkrock team question was kind of surprising.   Answer Question

Client Businesses Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

First applied online and got an email about booking on their internal system about the first HR interview. Afterwards, no group assessment, instead they had individual interviews for me with 2 vps respectively. Then, I met 3 heads/managing directors of the team that will hire interns the coming summer.

Client Businesses Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Taipei (Taiwan)) in March 2014.

Interview

First round is an HR from HK asking fit questions and why blackrock
    received the email for next round in the evening that day
    and I'm waiting for the second interview next week at the moment

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example that you solve the conflict between two teams   Answer Question