BlackRock Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Director Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.8

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Phone interview - 20 mins. Behavioral and skill assessment. Quickly both figured out it was not a good fit. Like the company but not the role. They were very professional and kind enpugh to grant me a confidential interview- not easy given the small word I work in.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle managing a global organization? What do you bring to a team?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

This was a long drawn out process and frankly a waste of time. I was called to a casual meeting which led to multiple onsite interviews and then nothing. They kept saying that they wanted change yet no one I met was ready to change.
    Advice: One day you will realize that you are treating applicants poorly and that your practices are turning people off. In a service industry, I imagine that you would want to have your applicants to be treated the same as clients. In my case, I was both and now I am neither!

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackRock in March 2015.

Interview

long and too many people to see. overkill. not a positive experience with interviewers and the process repeated questions and processes. HR was not organized . the recruiter did not know who i saw and scheduled the same person twice!

Interview Questions

• describe how your upbringing can influence the role you are looking to fill?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The interview process was well defined, interviewers were very friendly and exhibited a passion for the organization. Most interviewers had a long tenure with the company and had held various diverse roles over the years.

Negotiation

very fair offer - did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied on-line and was contacted by the company recruiter to arrange an interview with the hiring manager. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager lasting about 30-45 mins. At the end of the interview, the hiring manager said that they want to bring me in for face-to-face interviews with several stakeholders.

I didn't hear anything for about 3 weeks and so I contacted the recruiter. Finally got an e-mail saying that they made an offer to another candidate who had accepted. Were they ever going to let me know ? What a waste of time and effort. Very unsatisfactory experience.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions related to the job itself. Nothing out of the ordinary or tricky   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Basic questions. The interview process was pretty straight forward. They asked basic security questions. If you know anything about information security, you will do fine. Both the phone and the in-person interview were about the same.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

LONG! The interview process was over 6-months and I met with individuals across different locations. The feedback was sparse, so I wasn't sure whether I was still a candidate throughout the time I was being interviewed.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Went through a process of 10 interviews including hr. Covered technical, business, culture fit. Interviews were tough but fair and commensurate for the position. In terms of location, 3 interviews were at the location of the firm while the rest were all over the phone. This is most likely because the hiring manager was outside the country. I got the job so no complaints.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

interview based process with several interviews - perhaps three or 4, including two by telephone with partners and managers in the United States, with a formal offer made by letter after verbal offer by phone

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in November 2010.

Interview

Excellent and very, very thorough. Done face to face and via vc

Negotiation

Don't just accept first offer