BlackRock Interview Questions in Edinburgh, Scotland | Glassdoor

2.9

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

1st Interview - very informal , VP lead the chat through resume and asked some competency based questions. Analyst took notes - both very pleasant.

2 weeks later - HR offered me a different job - I said I would rather wait to hear back from the 1st.

The following day I was invited to 2nd interview with Director and VP. They told me it would last 30 minutes, it lasted 20. Very informal , chatted over CV - said I would hear in couple days.

I chased recruiter on a weekly basis for an update and they gave ever excuse you could think of. 3 weeks later I got the response that they went with someone else. They blamed the delay on holiday season.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Went through a CV and interview process before being invited to a face to face interview at BlackRock headquarters. The interviewers were very friendly and it wasn't very stressful. Felt comfortable and pretty standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Why BlackRock and the role you applied for? Explain a time when you were confronted with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Really friendly people, good atmosphere, typical questions about your previous experience, future goals. I was asked why BlackRock? Why did you apply for this role? Where do you see yourself in the 10 years?

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose BlackRock? What will you contribute to the team?   Answer Question
    • What did you learn most from your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst - Talent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

A recruitment company put me forward for the interview. Attended the interview, it was with one woman and lasted about 30 minutes. Nice and relaxed and she just got to know about my experience and asked me basic competency questions.

Long story short....No feedback and no outcome.... Very frustrating and disappointing. I had taken time out of my day to attend an interview and they didn't even have the decency to let me know their decision. Obviously, it wasn't the recruitment company's fault, but it does place a black cloud over Blackrock's name whenever I hear their name... I know I won't be looking for a job there in the future (and will be recommending others not to bother going through the recruitment process) if they don't treat all individuals with respect and courtesy... It makes you wonder how they treat their current employees and clients with that attitude?

Aladdin Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was good. 3 rounds. One was the Video Cover letter, the other was a Video interview with 2 employees and the last was the assessment Center. The Video Interview was good with Standard Questions, however the system was a little weird. It took me a while to figure it out. There were only four people for the assessment center, where there were 3 one on one interviews and the other was a group exercise. I didn't get the offer but they called me and gave me proper feedback on it.

Fund Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter from BlackRock, and a few days later an interview was arranged at the Edinburgh office. Met with the team and the team leader. The interview was competency based.

Software Engineer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online in November 2015 for a software engineering work placement, got a call in January 2016 and was invited for the interview next week. Interview was held in Edinburgh with 3 team members. We went through my CV, projects I've done and my technical skills. The general atmosphere was relaxing and the interview was very enjoyable. Next day I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about Blackrock?
      what was the biggest challenge you've had so far?
      questions regarding your work within a team.
      why should we take you?
      describe something from your personal experience that you regret about or would change?
      what is oop,inheritance,polymorphism.   Answer Question

Analyst, Aladdin and Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied with CV and cover letter in September and didn't hear from them until November but everything moved quite quickly from there. First stage was a one sided video interview with 3 questions, 25 seconds to prepare and 1.30 minutes to answer.
    Within 2 days I was asked to the assessment centre in Edinburgh. 3 20 minute interviews with 2 interviers in each one. Everyone was very friendly, nothing too challenging. Hour long shl logic test which was pretty tough then 15 minute interview with the Director. She just wanted to ask you about your interests and figure out where you'd best fit.
    They go through your CV in detail so know it back to front. Be able to speak about new technologies and where your strong tech skills lie and of course, why Blackrock.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I was happy with the terms

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was good. It was informal to start which made you feel a little more relaxed, and all staff were friendly. Around two days after I submitted my application I was asked to complete a short video interview (which took around 10 minutes). After this, I was invited to the assessment centre which consisted of 4 interviews and a technical test.

Interview Questions

• If a family member came to you for advice because their laptop was running slow, and buying a new one wasn't an option, what would you recommend?   Answer Question

Investments - Equities - Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I apply via company's site. After 2 weeks they sent me an email and invited me to a pre-recorded video interview. After a month I had an answer about the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want o work for BlackRock and particularly for this department?   1 Answer